News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

strange login problem

Started by fabio, February 09, 2005, 07:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fabio

i`m trying to integrate smf to my own site (postnuke). by integrate i mean share user table ,single login and unified look (keep the header and foot of the site and between the forum)

i was able to achieve the   first two hacking cas` pnsmf . i can`t wrap smf inside my own theme:-(

i use an intermediate file which is responsible for login  issues and the theme. smf is called using php include
i tried Header ("Location: some_page") and the unified login works but when i replace it with include "some_page" the previously logged in member appears as guest.

does anyone has any idea about this?

ok ... i ve found out that the problem is than when i use include in loadUserSettings(); the cookie is not found snd so the is_set  condition is not met and i appear as guest although the cookie IS set.

[Unknown]

Quote from: fabio on February 09, 2005, 07:55:33 AM
ok ... i ve found out that the problem is than when i use include in loadUserSettings(); the cookie is not found snd so the is_set  condition is not met and i appear as guest although the cookie IS set.

No, setcookie doesn't modify $_COOKIE.  It's not set yet until the page reloads.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: