News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

I want all kinds of modifications (manually ones too) removed

Started by Mystery?, March 04, 2009, 08:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystery?

I want all kinds of modifications made to my forum removed even manually ones I made to my forum. Like I want a brand new SMF 2 RC1 forum WITH ALL THE POSTS IT HAD.
Join my NEW website that I just created and be a big part of it (July 30, 2010): http://www.gamerstatic.net

KahneFan

Unless I'm mistaken, these instruction Tyrsson gave me, while they were to help with an issue I had, could also work to give you a "fresh" start...

Quote from: Tyrsson on February 05, 2009, 02:17:02 AM
If push comes to shove do this.

grab a copy of your settings.php and settings_bak.php and place them in a rc1 directory. Remove the install.php and overwrite the forum directory. This should replace all files with fresh versions and remove all traces of the SP.

Please make sure to have current backups of the settings and settings_bak on your pc and in the directory you are uploading.

:)
#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

Antechinus

Or even easier, just upload everything except install.php, Settings.php and Settings_bak.php. No need to overwrite them and then replace them with the originals.

Advertisement: