Hidden Content (Reply Needed)

Started by Xtasy, March 06, 2005, 12:52:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xtasy

I have seen this mod used on both phpbb and IPB. Basically it hides the content of the topic until a user replies to it. Good for downloads, etc..

[Unknown]

I believe there's a "hide" mod or similar available...

-[Unknown]

Xtasy

Quote from: [Unknown] on March 06, 2005, 10:07:41 PM

-[Unknown]

The hide mod changes text to the bg color, and users only need to highlight it, the spoil mod allows you to hide things by default but if users click on the post the hidden content is displayed.

My mod idea is you add a tag around content in your post such as [hide] then an image/text is displayed that says "Hidden Content" - You must reply to see the contents of this post, then once they reply the contents become visible. Ive seen it done on both IPB and PhpBB and it works well, I can provide you with links and or screenshots if necesary.

Elijah Bliss

Quote from: Xtasy on March 06, 2005, 11:53:19 PM
Quote from: [Unknown] on March 06, 2005, 10:07:41 PM

-[Unknown]

The hide mod changes text to the bg color, and users only need to highlight it, the spoil mod allows you to hide things by default but if users click on the post the hidden content is displayed.

My mod idea is you add a tag around content in your post such as [hide] then an image/text is displayed that says "Hidden Content" - You must reply to see the contents of this post, then once they reply the contents become visible. Ive seen it done on both IPB and PhpBB and it works well, I can provide you with links and or screenshots if necesary.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=20652.0

Xtasy

elijah ur l33t, thanks for linking me.

Advertisement: