Users active in last xx minutes

Started by phpMyTony, March 05, 2009, 05:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phpMyTony

I would like to know how to make the part where it says "Users active in last xx minutes:" to Users active in last 10 minutes, BUT, I would like the actual time to be unlimited. Any ideas?

EDIT: The forum I want to do it on is http://www.tonyperez.biz/myranks

KahneFan

The text is in your index language file in your language folder. It currently reads what you have filled in the blank in your admin, but you could change it to say whatever you like. I might not suggest "fibbing" about your time online, but rather just go with an open statement like "Users Online:". That way it doesn't say how long users are or are not on line, it's just a blanket statement.

I also wouldn't try to go too far out. 1440 minutes is 24 hours, which is what I use on ipostyoupost.com
#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

phpMyTony

But the thing is, i want to put the time to unlimited, to make my forum look active. Enough said about that :P
I just want to to say users active in last 15 minutes:
Which code would I change?

KahneFan

In your Themes/default/languages/

there should be an index language folder (I think). Search for "Users active" and it should take you right where you need to be.

KahneFan

ME: 04:52:39 PM

YOU: 04:53:15 PM

Man you're fast :D

phpMyTony

LOl :D

I done it, but now I need to sort out the ACTUAL time. I still get that error.

Antechinus

It wont help. You'll still have zero activity unless people want to post there. Also anyone who lurks for a while will figure out it's a false statistic. I'd be looking at other measures.

phpMyTony

I don't really care lol. How could i set it for forever?

KahneFan

I agree with Antechinus. But, if you wanted forever, the better way might be just to list all or 75% of your member's names in that field as that's what everyone will see eventually.

Somewhere there was a mod to randomly pick different members and place them in the online list, but I can't remember where I saw it now... and it may have been for 1.x

greyknight17

Mr.Perez, is this issue resolved now? If not, what problems are you having with the actual time?

phpMyTony

I have managed to change the visible time, but how can I change the actual time from 1000000 minutes to Forever?

KahneFan

Quote from: KahneFan on March 08, 2009, 12:01:01 PM
List all or 75% of your member's names in that field as that's what everyone will see eventually.

phpMyTony

Wouldn't there be an easier way instead of putting each name in?

KahneFan

You could also hide the info center from everyone. Think about it, for the concept of your jokes forum, how many joke sites do you go to that you even see a memberlist period? It's typically just pages of jokes.

phpMyTony

I don't want to do this for the J&P one, I want to do it for the MyRanks one :)

Rumbaar

I don't think you can set it to infinity, it wasn't designed to do that.  Now the sessions tables and depending on activity might have a negative impact on the overal running of the forum.  So I'd be mindful of that.

Just put a large number in there, like 999999.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

phpMyTony

Ah, alright then. Thanks for answering. Solved :D

ne-yola

Hi,

I am using smf 1.1.9 and babaylonina theme, hw can i change my users online from 15mins to day 30 mins

specific links and driection

Norv

ne-yola: please try Admin > Features and options > User online time threshold.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Advertisement: