News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF 2.0 RC1 - Searched threads NTFS question cant upload

Started by hvyhitter, March 06, 2009, 10:27:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hvyhitter

CHMOD 777

I am running 2.0 RC1. Fresh install. IUSR and IWAM have full control of all my SMF directories. (probably overkill at this point but that is fine I will scale it back later

as per the directions here. I created a temp dir.. full permissions there

still cannot upload is it a IIS setting?

hvyhitter

i guess what would be helpful is someone posting a FAQ on.. hey I own my own Windows 2003 server and I am running latest PHP, MySql and IIS.

what permissions do I need to set in this case.

a CHMOD to NTFS primer. I am a unix noob but a windows devotee.

青山 素子

How do you have PHP installed? The method you are using can make a difference.

By saying you cannot upload, are the files ever getting written anywhere? Are we talking package manager, or attachments and avatars, or both? What kind of error messages are you seeing? Anything in the logs?

Can you post a link to a php info file? (What is phpinfo.php?)
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

hvyhitter

青山 素子

Okay, so ISAPI. That means PHP runs as the IIS user.

According to the phpinfo, your temporary directory is "C:\WINDOWS\Temp". You'll probably need to allow the IUSR account to have write/change access to that. If you don't want PHP traipsing in the system folder, edit php.ini located in "C:\Program Files\PHP\php.ini" (also from phpinfo) to give it its own temporary directory.

By the way, the current recommendation from Microsoft is to set up PHP under FastCGI, especially as some extensions are not thread-safe. You can find out more on how to set that up over at the Fast and reliable hosting of PHP applications in IIS article on iis.net.

Whatever you do, don't set it up as a plain CGI. You'll run into weird race conditions on faster servers, especially when trying to do database things.
Motoko-chan

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

hvyhitter

Sweet I will make those changes because I am pretty sure we dont want it in the system dir. thanks for the heads up I will post when I do all this tonight

青山 素子

No problem. I'm interested in seeing how things go.
Motoko-chan

hvyhitter

Boom done.. that did it.. Sweet.
now time to cut loose with a few of the mods.

Advertisement: