Imladris Theme

Started by EG, March 06, 2005, 09:02:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EG

Quote from: Jerry on March 10, 2005, 05:09:17 AM
EG you are missing a theme_info.xml, and your zip file has extra folders that are empty ;)

OK, Im going to be thick here... Ive searched the forum, and even tho Ive found a few theme_info.xml completed, and references everywhere saying ALL themes should haev one, nowhere can I find exactly what details are needed in it.

And, ive double and triple checked the zip file and am a bit confused why you say there are extra empty folders :-\

Lorelei, the theme isnt loading properly for you because somehow youre doubling up the path to the theme.  (forum/Themes/Imladris) is there twice...

Oldiesmann

EG - check out the one that's included in the default theme for info about theme_info.xml

Basically, you add in information about the theme, such as the author (you), the name of a thumbnail to use as a preview for that image and some details describing what the theme is about...

Miraenda - yes, I have considered that. It's really just a matter of finding the time to play with some ideas. I am planning to put something like that in there soon, but want to have SMF figure out where you're currently at and send you back there (for the most part), which takes a little bit of extra coding. I am working on it though.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

EG

I did look for the theme_info.xml in the default directory, but couldnt find it :-\ wierd

DOUBLEWIDERV

Ok I was able to get the file uploaded onto my forum {it had two directories in the zip file]
But it appears all white with no graphics...

[Unknown]

Quote from: EG on March 17, 2005, 03:34:18 PM

I did look for the theme_info.xml in the default directory, but couldnt find it :-\ wierd

There's none in the default theme; check the classic theme.

-[Unknown]

Oldiesmann

You need to double-check things... You left some code in index.template.php from a certain llamas mod, which was generating all kinds of "undefined index" errors...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

kappen

good looking theme I modded it a little for my site.

In the process or modding it I noticed about 10 hard links to your site pulling images off it instead of the theme directory.  Most of those are in the CSS file but a few are in the main php file.  You might want to change those unless you want others using your site bandwidth :)

EG

thanks for pointing those things out!

still new to making the themes available to anyone .. not just our forum

Hadnt realised that url(images/ works just as well as url(http://www  LOL!  something new Ive learnt!

boy this thing is a great learning experience!

ive uploaded a fresh zip file now

tconline

Quote from: kappen on April 24, 2005, 02:47:19 PM
good looking theme I modded it a little for my site.

In the process or modding it I noticed about 10 hard links to your site pulling images off it instead of the theme directory.  Most of those are in the CSS file but a few are in the main php file.  You might want to change those unless you want others using your site bandwidth :)

Take his bandwidth... TAKE IT ALLL!!!  8) 8) 8)

Heh
Seriously though.

That's a neato theme.  Congratz on it

Bitwiz44

Zip file is corrupt.. Error! 

Pathfinder

I also got an error.  Not a valid ZIP Archive!!

EG

How strange!

ive reuploaded the zip file, and it seems to be working now :-\

xenovanis

Could be caused by and out-of-date WinZip version for either the packing or unpacking.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

drelise

I love this theme, it's great :)  But I can't download it.  The zip says it's corrupted, that's after it stalled out a bunch of times :(

xenovanis

Try WinAce, I could open the package with it.  ;)
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Sinnerella

I've been playing around with this template, trying to get a feel for them in general.  I'm such a n00b when it comes to template tweaking.. however, I've come across a bit of a problem.

Generally I use Firefox for my browsing pleasure.. but I was double checking things in IE for compatibility.. and there seems to be an alignment issue with IE.

The information boxes [user info, news box, key stats] seem to be swung to the left in IE, whereas in Firefox, they're nicely centered.

Like I said I have been playing with the code.. modifying, customising.. whatever, but I don't recall changing anything that should affect that.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

PS - ..my apologies if this is in the wrong spot. :-\

EG

I beleive that is a general problem with IE and the boxes placement.

Somewhere on here theres a topic about that exactly.

Sinnerella

I shall try to find it then, thanks for helping out. :D

Bitwiz44

What be up with the red X's on the post screen? Can they be fixed? looks like missing BBC buttons, however they all seem to be there.

EG

if you right click on the x, can you tell me what it's looking for ???

I dont have that problem my end :-\

Advertisement: