News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Can't delete Topics/Messages

Started by EvilDeeds, March 07, 2009, 10:32:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Safe mode being off is actually not an issue; if anything it will help matters to be off rather than on (and indeed, safe mode is removed in PHP 6)

EvilDeeds

Quote from: JimM on September 05, 2009, 06:02:23 PM
EvilDeeds I took another look at your phpinfo file and I'm not sure if this is anything but all others I have looked out have safe_mode (local value=Off) (Master value=Off).  Yours is safe_mode (local value=Off) (Master value=On).  You may want to change that and see if it makes a difference.

Ok, and how would I turn that off?

Arantor

According to your configuration safe_mode is off already. To turn the master value off (which doesn't affect anything, since the local value is off) is a complete rebuild of PHP.

EvilDeeds

So, that can not be the problem, because in the beginning I could delete topics..
What can it be besides that? xD

Arantor

That's the weird thing. I don't know what's changed that would cause it.

Obviously something is changing part way, whether that's your host, a mod, a bug or something - but something's changing.

EvilDeeds

Quote from: Arantor on September 07, 2009, 05:05:12 PM
That's the weird thing. I don't know what's changed that would cause it.

Obviously something is changing part way, whether that's your host, a mod, a bug or something - but something's changing.

I'm my own host, and I didn't changed anything.. I have a mod (AEVA), but there were no problems at first and all of a sudden..

Arantor

So, between it working and it stopping work, something must have changed; nothing just 'stops' working.

No upgrades of anything, no changes of underlying software configuration, no maintenance changes anywhere?

Advertisement: