News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Cannot install mod packages???

Started by Gryzor, March 08, 2009, 01:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Hello!

I've spent a few hours today trying to install some mods, like the TopStats, or the ThankYou one. While SMF (2.0RC1) reports that installation was successful, I can't get any single one to work - it's like they don't exist!

Am I missing something fundamental? I've never toyed with packages before so maybe it's something more basic that I'm not aware of...

Also, a probable bug: if I install one package, then go on to download and install another, I get the readme from the previous package. And I don't think it's a browser cache thing, because even if I refresh I still get the old one.

And another (smaller) problem: I get lots of failures with the packages/temp dir, about possible permissions, even if I have succesfully installed another theme just seconds ago. So I need to erase and recreate the dir on my server to make it work...

Thanks for your help!
T

jossanaijr

Hi Gryzor,
basic question: are you using english language in default theme?  If not change to them and check it.

Gryzor

jossanaijr

Gryzor

Not sure what you mean by that, but:

-I've tried with the SMF's default theme set as default
-I've tried applying the mod to the other themes as well
-I've tried changing the default theme, then applying the mod

Nothing worked :(

Thanks for trying to help, though...

phpMyTony

Gryzor

Nothing! That's the issue, the forum says installation was successful, but I don't have the functionality!

Gryzor

My feelings exactly :D

The problem is that I haven't tried to use any packages before, so I'm not sure how to troubleshoot it...

Gryzor

I think I may be getting one or two skipped files with some packages, but I assumed this may be normal... Haven't paid much attention to it. The vast majority of files, though, is modified.

jossanaijr

Are you sure you are going until the end of installation?
I mean in package installation sometimes it asks about your FTP username and password and if it is okay you need to proceed and install the mod.  The mod is not installed after you enter your FTP username and password; there is one more step.

Gryzor

Yes, installed and applied. For instance, at this moment I have Top Stats there; when I go to the packages list it has Top Stats and the option it has is [uninstall], [list files] and [delete]. I take it this means it's been installed alright?[/list]

IACS_CM

Hi,

I am not familiar with the above mods, but it might be worth a look in Admin>Configuration>Miscellaneous

I had something similar, and i had to enable it via that screen.

Gryzor

Nothing there - I've looked :D

QuoteThere are no modifications installed that have added any settings to this area yet.

Gryzor

By the way: when you apply a package to the 'default' theme, does this mean the default theme that SMF comes with, or the theme you currently have set as default??

jossanaijr

Default theme that SMF comes with...

Gryzor

Ah. But I've tried it both ways anyway...

Gryzor

jossanaijr

Did you check your Forum Error Log?

Advertisement: