News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

A validating group

Started by Quexinos, March 09, 2009, 11:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quexinos

Okay I'm trying to set it up so that when you sign up on my forum you can only see a validation forum.  When you post there, I put you in the full member group and you get full access to the forum.... basically I edited the basic "member" group (which was post count based and set to 0 so that's the first group when you're in when you sign up) can only see the forum.

I all ready moved all my current members to "full member" but if I move anyone to "validating" they can still see the whole forum.  In fact anyone new who signs up can see all the forums.  What am I doing wrong?  This is how I have the permissions set up.  I tried it many different ways but it's just not working.

Quexinos

Also I notice now that all my "members" are in the validating group as well  >:(

So yeah if anyone can tell me how to fix that.

PDW

hmmm... sorry i am a little confused.
But here is what i do on a forum i help run that may interest you.

Have a 'unvalidated members' group, and a 'Validated members' group (or something similar)

Basicly, when a member signs up, they can see one board - an introduce yourself board.
They post to say hi and who they are, then you decide whether or not you want them on your forum.

You will need to change your 'UNVALIDATED MEMBERS' group so they can only see the introduce yourself board.
And the 'VALIDATED MEMBERS' can see every board. Basicly, you can them change there status to 'VALIDATED MEMBER'

You have control over who can do what this way.
Another thing you could do is to make it so that if they have 1 or more posts they can see all the boards. So they have to say hi to gain access, without you doing anything.

Hope this helps, and makes sense lol.

Hammy (PDW)

Quexinos

But that's what I did :(

meh I'll figure it out.  Thanks anyway...

I guess what i need to know is, how do I make it so a member is in X group when they sign up?

Quexinos

Why does "regular member" encompass my "Validating member." 

Someone has to know.

NM I got it working... close this.

Advertisement: