News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

All forum admins should look: SMF 2.0 iPhone and iPod Touch Theme (NOW FREE!)

Started by farfromperfection, March 10, 2009, 11:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

farfromperfection

Official URL
http://www.farfromperfection.com/

SMF4iPhone is now 100% free!

Even if you don't have an iPhone or iPod touch, millions of potential users of your site do. In fact, 40% of mobile web usage is from these devices - and this number is growing.

This theme will make it much easier for these users to browse your forum... and best of all – its completely free.

The plugin provided will switch your site to use ths theme into action whenever a user one one of these devices accesses your site. It's completely transparent and doesn't affect any other users. You're also free to modify this theme however you wish for your own use (e.g., by adding mobile ads, etc.)

Follow me on Twitter:
@ffperfection (twitter)

shadow82x

Wow! Very impressive. :)
Tell us If you need any testing.
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

farfromperfection

I shouldnt need much testing. Everything seems to be going smoothly. Thanks though!

Here's a screenshot from inside a thread (I borrowed posts and avatars from a thread on this forum ;) )

You tap a post to quote it. (Unless you turn quoting off with the button at the top so that you can follow links in posts)

I'm still thinking of how and where I can implement page numbers

Dragooon

Wow impressive. I got a iPod touch so if you got a URL I'd love to see this in action(I may even hack code to automatically switch to this theme if safari mobile is detected).

Mr. Jinx

Very nice! I've been waiting for this.
One more reason for me to upgrade to SMF 2.0 :)

farfromperfection

Quote from: Dragooon on March 11, 2009, 01:41:26 PM
Wow impressive. I got a iPod touch so if you got a URL I'd love to see this in action(I may even hack code to automatically switch to this theme if safari mobile is detected).
I'm going to write a plugin that will do that. It should be very simple.
I'm done with all the HTML and CSS right now I'm working on the PHP and everything else.

Here's a shot of the login template.

and some more:

farfromperfection

I just realised I hadnt included the time the message was sent/posted.  Don't worry the final version will have that.

BxK

Very nice. I created an iphone template already. But yours seems much better than mine. Also created a wap template over at http://mobile.empireofthesun.net  Nice work!

farfromperfection

OH GOD I just heard about iPhone OS 3 and I fear its going to be VERY different. I hope all this work isn't going to waste. Info

BxK

farfromperfection

I'm not sure what you mean!

Anyway I should be done with this theme on time. (I originally said within a week).

I'll release it as a version 0.9 then get feedback from people and fix any bugs (there shouldn't be m/any) before releasing the bugfree version 1.0

Then I'll be working towards a version 2.0 with more features, and more integration with the iPhone.

HOWEVER, I never want to break the simplicity of the theme, and I don't think this will project will ever have support for the admin CP.
I'm considering support for moderation actions like locking and deleting, but apart from that, do you really need to edit features and create new boards from an iPhone?!

Leemy

Wow, looks good. Cant wait for a URL to preview this.

altivec

If you need help testing the software let me know i have the dev kit also so i can test it on my side also.

Feel free to contact me!

Jade Elizabeth

NICE!!!

I'll use it on my forum when you release :D
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

KahneFan

I don't have an iPhone, but that's outstanding!!

BTW, if you need filler text you can always use http://www.lipsum.com/

At the bottom there's a generator for how many words/paragraphs you want.
#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

farfromperfection

Sorry for being a little late. My Macbook died on me and I had to reinstall everything. But I'm back on track now. Hopefully I'll have this ready for you guys by this weekend, if not earlier.
Also, if you have anything to suggest let me know!

p.s. the 3.0 update looks like it won't affect anything I'm doing here so  :D

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

farfromperfection

farfromperfection

Dragooon

The version in theme-info.xml is SMF's not theme's, so it should be SMF 2.0 RC 1. I did that and re-packaged it and then it was working fine, great job! I"ll dig into this as soon as possible.

Advertisement: