News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Ultimate Profile

Started by JovanT, March 12, 2009, 12:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asgards

thanks guys its okay now. :)

Asgards

thank you! by the way how can i edit the css? are there any pre-made css?

perplexed

you mean so they can do this

QuoteAlso, they can input HTML & CSS code in special text area and customize look of their profile.

You can switch the option on in admin > ultimate profile and then members can create their own css.  There are no pre-made css templates specifically for ultimate profile but if you look in the old [Beta] Ultimate Profile discussion thread you will see examples of what other people have done. 

Some of the myspace code generators may work.  I don't use it on my site.  At some point last year someone was talking about creating an editor to make it easier for members to use but you could just post up a how-to thread for your members giving them some basic examples of how to change colours, add backgrounds etc

Asgards

okay, thanks for all the help i appreciate it

Asgards

heheh i hope i can make one.

alex_sercan

Hey firstly,

I have a problem about the profile. The problem is , when the users try to edit their ultimate profiles , they cant do. Because they cant see "Edit My Ultimate Profile" options. I opened all options from the Admin Panel , but they still cant see their edit options. Just Admins can edit their profiles. How can i make it public ? Please help me. Thanks.
Never say goodbye.

FUBAR

You need to edit the member group permission so they have access.

Image attached below.

Admin > Members > Permissions >

alex_sercan

Quote from: FUBAR on June 07, 2009, 06:37:03 PM
You need to edit the member group permission so they have access.

Image attached below.

Admin > Members > Permissions >

Oh god! Finally , thanks you mate. Thank you so much. I asked it everyone , but i havent got any answer up to this time. But finally... Thanks again. :)
Never say goodbye.

SolidSnake2003

are you testing with your own profile, if you are then I don't think the link will show up, it will show up on someone else's profile

Mark S

I wish it were a case of my being that much of a "dee-dee-dee" but, no, it was brought to my attention by other members. 

However, I believe it may have been a cache issue as it has magically corrected itself.  Tested and retested with several members and it's fine now.

I removed the posts about it to clean the clutter from this topic.

chrishicks

Anyone have an idea as to why when someone adds a playlist it will show in every browser except IE?

aED

Maybe your IE is not updated or the plugin that is need by the playlist is not installed in IE.

chrishicks

If it was just one or two users I would think that as well but this is site wide.

JaneyDoll

Will you keep making updates so it will continue to work as we update to newer versions of our boards?  Will it be compatible with 1.1.9 soon?
I would like it ASAP for 1.1.9. 

Magicjax

I just installed this (1.1.9 - My theme is Anecdota).

I went to Admin/Features and Options

On that page the TAB is not there. Nothing says Ultimate Profile. However there is a small "blank" TAB. I broguht my cursor to it and the URL it takes me to does contain "ultprofile" so I'm assuming it's the link that's suppose to take me to where you set the settings for the Ultimate Profile.

But all it show is a bunch of blank spaces.

Here's a screen shot of what I'm seeing. It also shows the "Blank Tab" above (See small blue square in tab menu).

Any idea what I need to do to fix this? I just installed so I have no idea what I'm suppose to do next. I'm hoping that if I could read what's suppose to show up I could figure it all out.

Ron

Özgür

Quote from: JaneyDoll on June 11, 2009, 07:24:37 PM
Will you keep making updates so it will continue to work as we update to newer versions of our boards?  Will it be compatible with 1.1.9 soon?
I would like it ASAP for 1.1.9. 

This mod already compatible with 1.1.9. You can try to open package_info.xml file and find all 1.1.8 to 1.1.9.

@Magicjax, You must be add to language strings to your language.
So Long

Magicjax

Thank you very much for the reply daydreamer. But can you elaborate? I'm not sure how to do this.

I also just found another blank space that wasn't there before. I'm guessing something from the Ultimate Profile as well. It's found in the menu in a profile. Here's a screen shot of that blank space:

Thanks again.

Ron

Özgür

Yeah this is same problem for your first problem.

Open your ../Themes/default/languages/modification.yourlanguage.php
find ?>
add before
$txt['ultimate_profile'] = 'Ultimate Profile';
$txt['permissionname_edit_ultimate_profile'] = 'Edit ultimate profile';
$txt['permissionname_edit_ultimate_profile_own'] = 'Own profile';
$txt['permissionname_edit_ultimate_profile_any'] = 'Any profile';
$txt['permissionhelp_edit_ultimate_profile'] = 'This permission allows user to edit ultimate profile.';
$txt['cannot_edit_ultimate_profile_own'] = 'You aren\'t allowed to edit your own ultimate profile.';
$txt['cannot_edit_ultimate_profile_any'] = 'You aren\'t allowed to edit just any ultimate profile.';

And change in same directory UltimateProfile.english.php file name to UltimateProfile.yourlanguage.php

Speacial BTW : If you not want language problem like this problem, you must install http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=615 this mod.
So Long

Advertisement: