Ultimate Profile

Started by JovanT, March 12, 2009, 12:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silber112

Quote from: n-joy on June 25, 2009, 07:10:48 AM
Quote from: tyty1234 on June 15, 2009, 01:55:13 AM
Any updates for a version of this mod for SMF 2.0?
Yeah...any news?

We all are waiting for it..

tyty1234

My Activity: Inactive
My Links: tyty1234's SMF Site | SMF Package Parser | SMF Helper | My Mods [5]
Subscribe to my SMF blog for updates
PMs for support will not be accepted, unless requested otherwise.

mrtrc266

Quote from: tyty1234 on June 26, 2009, 10:13:27 PM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on June 26, 2009, 09:19:30 PM
Quote from: silber112 on June 26, 2009, 06:46:26 PM
Quote from: n-joy on June 25, 2009, 07:10:48 AM
Quote from: tyty1234 on June 15, 2009, 01:55:13 AM
Any updates for a version of this mod for SMF 2.0?
Yeah...any news?

We all are waiting for it..

Should be anytime now ;)
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=298641.msg1986415#msg1986415
That was all the way back in March....
That was my point  :D

We have all been anxiously waiting....just imagine how we're going to feel when it's finally released LOL!!

I almost didn't upgrade my forum until this was ready for SMF 2...Glad I got impatient and upgraded to SMF 2, I woulda been waiting for ever.

tyty1234

I did the same. I upgraded a few days after RC1-1 came out.
My Activity: Inactive
My Links: tyty1234's SMF Site | SMF Package Parser | SMF Helper | My Mods [5]
Subscribe to my SMF blog for updates
PMs for support will not be accepted, unless requested otherwise.

Scratching my Head

Quick question:

I manually installed because I have a custom theme.

The comments in the profile all show up twice. How do I fix this?

kingkingston

Ok so i have everything ticked and enabled for members to use the ultimate profile but the ultimate profile link isn't showing up to members for them to be able to edit their profiles under the Modify Profile list,anyone else have this trouble ?

n-joy

Quote from: tyty1234 on June 27, 2009, 12:01:32 AM
I did the same. I upgraded a few days after RC1-1 came out.
Tghehe; this is the only mod I wait for before I release my site. :o

ShadoWind

I'm trying to replace the following piece of code in the profile.php file for the default theme below with another piece of code but I can't find it anywhere [The MOD concerned is Ultimate Profile 0.9:
Code: [Select]
if (($context['user']['is_owner'] && allowedTo('profile_extra_own')) || allowedTo('profile_extra_any'))
      {
         $context['profile_areas']['edit_profile']['areas']['forumProfile'] = '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=profile;u=' . $memID . ';sa=forumProfile">' . $txt['forumProfile'] . '</a>';

The code I want to replace the first piece of code is:
Code: [Select]
if (($context['user']['is_owner'] && allowedTo('profile_extra_own')) || allowedTo('profile_extra_any'))
         $context['profile_areas']['edit_profile']['areas']['forumProfile'] = '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=profile;u=' . $memID . ';sa=forumProfile">' . $txt['forumProfile'] . '</a>';

if (($context['user']['is_owner'] && allowedTo('edit_ultimate_profile_own')) || allowedTo('edit_ultimate_profile_any'))
      {
         $context['profile_areas']['edit_profile']['areas']['customized'] = '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=profile;u=' . $memID . ';sa=customized">' . $txt['profile_customized'] . '</a>';
         if ($modSettings['profile_enable_pictures'] == 1)
            $context['profile_areas']['edit_profile']['areas']['pictures'] = '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=profile;u=' . $memID . ';sa=pictures">' . $txt['profile_pictures'] . '</a>';
      }

{

I've managed to get most of the extra code correct but I don't know if I've gone wrong or it's not in there at all.

The version I'm using is 1.1.9 if that is of help to anybody and I've also enclosed a copy of the profile.php file if anyone needs it.

luigi44

I'm using SMF 1.1.9

I tried installing the mod 9.0 and get the following error:

Error in Package Installation

At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.
Installation Readme
Ultimate Profile 0.9 by Jovan Turanjanin

If you are upgrading from older version, please uninstall it before installing this package.

Install Actions
Installations actions for "Ultimate Profile":
Installing this package will perform the following actions:  Type Action Description
1. Execute Modification ./Sources/Profile.php Test successful
2. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php Test successful
3. Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php Test failed
4. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Test successful
5. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.serbian-utf8.php Skipping file
6. Execute Modification ./index.php Test successful
7. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Test successful
8. Execute Modification ./Sources/Subs-Members.php Test successful
9. Extract Tree ./Sources 
10. Extract Tree ./Themes 
11. Extract Tree ./profile_pictures 
12. Execute Code database.php

And so I didn't install. Hoping someone can be of assistance?

luigi44

Help!

After reading the posts, I installed the mod, and manually edited the ./Sources/ModSettings.php

Now I get a blank page with the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /home/frugalca/public_html/forum/Sources/ModSettings.php on line 122

Here find attached the ModSettings.php

Please help!

luigi44

I've removed everything and started fresh by doing it all manually.

I'm trying to change UltimateProfile.english.php to UltimateProfile.english-utf8.php, but cannot locate the UltimateProfile.english.php -Where can it be found?

luigi44

After reading through this thread, it should be found here ./Themes/default/UltimateProfile.template.php

but it isn't. I have no UltimateProfile.template.php

Now what can the problem be?

JovanT

Hi everyone!

I'm really sorry for the delay. I had some important (school) exams last month so I didn't have time to work on Ultimate Profile.

As you all know, Yağız... converted Ultimate Profile to 2.0 for his own purposes and sent his version to me. He did a great job but I found some issues that needs to be fixed. Also, I didn't have experience with SMF 2.0 until now so I need some time to learn all the new functions and organization. I will start working on new version this week so you should expect it really soon. Thanks for your patients ;)

kingkingston

Quote from: JovanT on July 06, 2009, 12:22:53 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm really sorry for the delay. I had some important (school) exams last month so I didn't have time to work on Ultimate Profile.

As you all know, Yağız... converted Ultimate Profile to 2.0 for his own purposes and sent his version to me. He did a great job but I found some issues that needs to be fixed. Also, I didn't have experience with SMF 2.0 until now so I need some time to learn all the new functions and organization. I will start working on new version this week so you should expect it really soon. Thanks for your patients ;)

hey mate how do i enable the mod so members can create and update their profiles like the admin can ?

mrtrc266

Hi everyone!

WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!! Thank you very much for the update, I'm soooo excited!

septa/njt rider

Quote from: kingkingston on July 06, 2009, 12:41:39 PMhey mate how do i enable the mod so members can create and update their profiles like the admin can ?
you have to go into the permissions via the admin CP and allow "regular members" to use edit their ultimate profile

chaky!

Hi everyone!

Thaanks  ;D

kingkingston

Quote from: septa/njt rider on July 06, 2009, 01:07:12 PM
Quote from: kingkingston on July 06, 2009, 12:41:39 PMhey mate how do i enable the mod so members can create and update their profiles like the admin can ?
you have to go into the permissions via the admin CP and allow "regular members" to use edit their ultimate profile

thanks

silber112

Hi everyone!

Yesss!

We all are waiting for the new VS, Can you estimate how low it will take?¿

THanks, see you soon :D

Advertisement: