News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Ultimate Profile

Started by JovanT, March 12, 2009, 12:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chadon

Sorry, I checked from a different place and the buddy_list field had the following content:
Quote'694',1102
I tried to delete the '694' value, submitted another comment, had a blank page and checked the field again and it stayed with the following content: 1102

694 and 1102 are the id's for that members' buddys' accounts. Even with the 694 value deleted from phpMyadmin, it still shows as the member #694 being a buddy in his profile page.
I don't understand why but I hope you do. ;D

Yağız...

That's an annoying bug with UP that I'm trying to fix :) Can you delete 1102 too and then retry please? :)

chadon

I deleted 1102 and had an empty field but I still have a blank page when I post a comment in his page. :(

MATTEK

Yagiz I'm going to re upload the large upgrade package this weekend. I'll let you know if I still have the issue when I'm done.
SMF 2.0.1

Like Comics, Books, Movies or T.V. Shows? Read about them here!!

Yağız...

Quote from: chadon on April 27, 2010, 03:46:57 PM
I deleted 1102 and had an empty field but I still have a blank page when I post a comment in his page. :(
Does everyone allowed to comment on the members' page? (Profile > Ultimate Profile)

Quote from: MATTEK on April 27, 2010, 03:49:24 PM
Yagiz I'm going to re upload the large upgrade package this weekend. I'll let you know if I still have the issue when I'm done.
I don't think that it's not a problem with files but, if you want to do it, why not? :P

chadon

QuoteDoes everyone allowed to comment on the members' page? (Profile >   Ultimate Profile)

I am not sure what you mean, I can't find these settings in my RC3 forum but as an administrator, I have all the permissions and no one reported this bug before I upgraded the forum to the RC3 version.

MATTEK

Quote from: Yağız... on April 27, 2010, 03:53:32 PM
Does everyone allowed to comment on the members' page? (Profile > Ultimate Profile)

I don't think that it's not a problem with files but, if you want to do it, why not? :P

Well I'm not doing it until Monday morning so if you can come up with a fix for me by then I'll probably hold off.
SMF 2.0.1

fairytears

Quote from: fairytears on April 27, 2010, 12:41:25 PM
Is there a way to limit image sizes that people post in the comments box?
Thank you :)
What is your SMF version?
[/quote]

Thank you Yagiz! my version is SMF 1.1.11

DawnsWebDesigns

I got just a couple of problems.  I'm using SMF 1.1.11.  The profile pics aren't working & neither is the buddy list.  I uploaded a profile pic but can't see it & also can't delete it.  And I only had one buddy to test that feature with...she don't show up on "my buddies" but if you click on my buddies she shows up.  Do I have to have 3 or 6 before they'll appear on the list?

Thanks for any help. :)

wynnyelle

I need to disable only ONE field in the ultimate profile, that is the age field. We have a lot of minors and I want to keep the place as age-ambiguous and non-revealing of minors' ages as possible. But I don't want to break the whole ultimate profile in order to do it. So is there a way to just remove the age field and leave the rest looking fine {and not like something's missing}?

Outdoor-Fishing

Is there a "how-to" on how we can use the html and css to customize the look and feel of the profile? For example, how would I add an album? Any specific codes?

Yağız...

Quote from: chadon on April 27, 2010, 04:39:44 PM
QuoteDoes everyone allowed to comment on the members' page? (Profile >   Ultimate Profile)

I am not sure what you mean, I can't find these settings in my RC3 forum but as an administrator, I have all the permissions and no one reported this bug before I upgraded the forum to the RC3 version.
Can you attach your ./Sources/Profile.php please?

Quote from: MATTEK on April 27, 2010, 04:45:57 PM
Quote from: Yağız... on April 27, 2010, 03:53:32 PM

Well I'm not doing it until Monday morning so if you can come up with a fix for me by then I'll probably hold off.
I tried this on 6 live forums, and I don't have this problem ...

Quote from: fairytears on April 27, 2010, 06:45:12 PM
Thank you Yagiz! my version is SMF 1.1.11
Find in ./Sources/Profile.php:
$context['comments'][] = array(
Add before:
$row['comment'] = str_replace('[img]', '[img width=100 height=100]', $row['comment']);
Replace 100 with the values you want.

Quote from: DawnsWebDesigns on April 28, 2010, 01:50:44 AM
I got just a couple of problems.  I'm using SMF 1.1.11.  The profile pics aren't working & neither is the buddy list.  I uploaded a profile pic but can't see it & also can't delete it.  And I only had one buddy to test that feature with...she don't show up on "my buddies" but if you click on my buddies she shows up.  Do I have to have 3 or 6 before they'll appear on the list?

Thanks for any help. :)
This should be a bug with UP. Try to run migrate buddies script.

Quote from: Groovystar on April 30, 2010, 03:50:24 PM
I need to disable only ONE field in the ultimate profile, that is the age field. We have a lot of minors and I want to keep the place as age-ambiguous and non-revealing of minors' ages as possible. But I don't want to break the whole ultimate profile in order to do it. So is there a way to just remove the age field and leave the rest looking fine {and not like something's missing}?
What is your SMF version?

Quote from: Outdoor-Fishing on May 03, 2010, 03:29:16 AM
Is there a "how-to" on how we can use the html and css to customize the look and feel of the profile? For example, how would I add an album? Any specific codes?
Not yet :) You can add albums by going Show Pictures and click Add Album icon in your profile.

chadon

Hi Yağız.
Here is my Profile.php file

parvaz

Using a curve based theme, would it be possible to change the entire background and not just the edges of the profie page?
And when yes, does anybody know how?

Thanks for this great mod and the support

luismanson

does it have a per group option to enable it?

MATTEK

Yagiz I've even reinstalled RC3 and I have the same exact issue.
SMF 2.0.1

fairytears

Thank you Yagiz!! You're awesome  8)

!RFAN

how to change my profile using css.. i am talking about edit box of this mod which enables a member change background etc... can anybody show me an example..thnX

mrtrc266

Quote from: amigozone on May 04, 2010, 03:33:57 AM
how to change my profile using css.. i am talking about edit box of this mod which enables a member change background etc... can anybody show me an example..thnX

Users can customize their own profile to their liking, just enter in some HTML and or CSS code and you're all set.

Profile/Ultimate Profile/Customization: (The description for that block is)
QuoteCustomization:
Here you can add some HTML and CSS to customize look & feel of your profile.

This might help too http://redneckfabrication.com/index.php?action=FunStuff/Custom_Profile_Help

Rattler

Quote from: mrtrc266 on May 04, 2010, 01:34:03 PM
Users can customize their own profile to their liking, just enter in some HTML and or CSS code and you're all set.

Profile/Ultimate Profile/Customization: (The description for that block is)
QuoteCustomization:
Here you can add some HTML and CSS to customize look & feel of your profile.

Well, I haven´t got it working yet on my profile, the html tags get removed.

I entered, e.g.:
<html>
<body style="background-color:yellow">
</body>
</html>

The result was.... nothing. Checked back all the entered code had disappeared.

So,  guide or how-to might be in order indeed.

Apart from this, thanks for this great mod, finally the profile area becomes as active as the rest of the forum nd is not longer a dead spot! GJ, my users are excited!

Installed with a few mod induced manual edits of mod-settings w/o any problems in 1.1.11, runs s advertised without major problems.

Some things, though, I find could use some tweaking/enhancement as I find them not fully intuitive, here a few ideas on how to make the experience even better:

- Inbuilt Avatar Sizing for buddies, either admin or user controlled without needing to tweak the code manually
- Direct deleting of pictures over/under the thumb w/o having to go through the comment view
- Indicator for # of comments over/under/in the thumbnails
- A slightly better help documentation, e.g. a Help icon besides each field with an example (e.g. for customization or media embedding), it took us ages to find out how the buddy thing worked, as it is straight opposite to the normal profile "Add buddy" list method
- Aeva integrtion (auto embedding for vids),  my users hve forgotten that embedding code even exists and swarmed me with quesions...

All in all, great stuff, where can I donate?

Thanks,

Rattler
You can discuss with people, and sometimes it even makes sense to do so. Forget that when confronted with the cruel facts of life... (inspired by SiGnature™).

Advertisement: