How we are going to advertise ApplianceJunk.com offline.

Started by ApplianceJunk, March 13, 2009, 03:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uhura!

Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on January 10, 2010, 09:57:12 PM
I worry about the bags. I wanted to make or buy some.....but I'm terrified people wont use them cause they arent "stylish" or designer. Americans are bag and shoe fanatics. I guess people could use them for the library....but I don't know.

Ya gotta worry bout the shape and size and length of the handles... it got too scary for me to want to mess with, especially since I don't have an income to be playing with. Everything I try is a huge risk because of that.

It's fabulous that your audience can use them....but not only that your audience will use them around more targeted people (mums), who will see the bag as useful and that stigma will carry across to your brand hopefully. Ya got a good thing there!

The bags are good for moms... The handles are perfect - very comfy. The material is soft. The bag washes great. It holds a lot of stuff

Not sure about your audience though...
:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

Jade Elizabeth

Mine is teens-young adults. I have a handful of middle aged women but not many.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

ApplianceJunk

I was just told about Zazzle. With cafepress our dark shirts were limited to being printed on just one side.

I wanted a dark shirt with our logo printed on both sides and Zazzle is able to do this for us.

http://www.zazzle.com/appliancejunk

I ordered some tonight.

It won't be long and I won't be able to find a shirt around the house that does not have our logo on it. :)

It's also very easy to change the background color on Zazzles other products to anything you want. Unlike cafepress were a lot of things are white only.

ApplianceJunk

Just picked up some of our new caps today.

On the back side it has ApplianceJunk.com in blue text.

ApplianceJunk

Here are a couple photos our first t-shirt winner posted of herself with her new AJ shirt.

Paracelsus

Quote from: ApplianceJunk on January 19, 2010, 02:00:49 PM
Just picked up some of our new caps today.

On the back side it has ApplianceJunk.com in blue text.

They look nice. Are those from CafePress (or Zazzle or another one)?

ApplianceJunk

Quote from: Paracelsus on January 22, 2010, 06:35:43 AM
They look nice. Are those from CafePress (or Zazzle or another one)?

Thanks, they are from a local shop.

di3f00l

I'm not a master of advertising and idk if you've gotten this suggestion before but being in a household who knows nothing about appliances or how to fix them (which is what your site is for I assume) maybe you could put pamphlets at appliance stores for people to take when they buy an appliance. That helps the shop, so they don't have to worry about going to their house to find out the problem, and it helps you.

Oh! Also, maybe just some good looking polo shirts with a small logo that you can wear out and about. People notice sometimes the smallest things.

Btw those hats look really nice!

ApplianceJunk

Hi di3f00l,

Not a bad idea, but most places that sell appliance have some type of repair service of there own and look down on sites like ours.

I do post flyer's (think I posted a sample some place here) in laundry mats (laundromats) because that is were people go when there washer breaks down and there waiting for service. :)

Here is a photo of our polo shirt at cafepress.

I tried to get some shirts embroidered at a local shop, but they could not make the logo any smaller then what we had on the cap without loosing a lot of detail.

di3f00l

Quote from: ApplianceJunk on January 23, 2010, 12:38:08 PM
Hi di3f00l,

Not a bad idea, but most places that sell appliance have some type of repair service of there own and look down on sites like ours.

I do post flyer's (think I posted a sample some place here) in laundry mats (laundromats) because that is were people go when there washer breaks down and there waiting for service. :)

I tried to get some shirts embroidered at a local shop, but they could not make the logo any smaller then what we had on the cap without loosing a lot of detail.
Oh gotcha. Good idea with the laundry mats!

And very nice shirt :O give them to your family if you haven't already, I'm sure they'd wear them. Anyone would wear a nice free polo.  :)

DoctorMalboro

Quote from: di3f00l on January 23, 2010, 12:41:14 PM
Quote from: ApplianceJunk on January 23, 2010, 12:38:08 PM
Hi di3f00l,

Oh gotcha. Good idea with the laundry mats!

And very nice shirt :O give them to your family if you haven't already, I'm sure they'd wear them. Anyone would wear a nice free polo.  :)

i think it's not a good idea to gave them free (monetary thinking ;D )

ApplianceJunk

I have given away dozens of them to the members that help out on our forum that have said they would like one and in "Giveaway" topics.

I also have ten or so different shirts around the house with our logo on them. :)

DoctorMalboro

Quote from: ApplianceJunk on January 23, 2010, 12:59:23 PMI have given away dozens of them to the members that help out on our forum that have said they would like one and in "Giveaway" topics.
I also have ten or so different shirts around the house with our logo on them. :)
that's a cool idea (if you have money and people...) :P

Acepain

Quote from: ApplianceJunk on February 03, 2010, 01:33:26 PM
New hats are in.

Where should I get this hat?  ;D This is what I am looking for, a blue color hat. The style or design of this hat is great, and I want to have this one.

ApplianceJunk

Quote from: alex30 on March 18, 2010, 08:46:08 PM
ApplianceJunk is that girl your wife?  ;)

No she is not my wife, just a member I picked at random from the giveaway we had for the t-shirt.
The winner got to pick the size and color of there t-shirt and then I had it shipped to them directly from cafepress.

Advertisement: