News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Do not enter

Started by Smoky "Rider" Blue, March 15, 2009, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoky "Rider" Blue

Link to Mod

This modification will allow a guest to browse through all thread topics but if they will click
on a topic, it will ask them to register! 

working demo can be seen on: http://smf.houseofsmoky.com :)
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

babjusi

Smoky "Rider" Blue

thanks Babjusi!! i think its a good one.. you can see the topics but not the posts!  ;)
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

babjusi

Quote from: SmokyBlue on March 15, 2009, 07:07:24 PM
thanks Babjusi!! i think its a good one.. you can see the topics but not the posts!  ;)

Indeed Smokey. I have come across many posts/topics here where the users were asking for such a thing.

lax.slash

Thanks! Just what I needed! :)

zagrom

Looks nice indeed

*yoink*

Thanks for the make ^^

Smoky "Rider" Blue

lol glad to help you guys out!!  ;)

bullbreedluverz

nice mod but your demo doesnt work smoky

Smoky "Rider" Blue

hmm well stikki, i dont have it up right now.. maybe later..

if you want, try it out.. im a little busy right now with a forum restore..  ;)

bullbreedluverz

ive already downloaded it and checked it out on test site but just thought i would mention the demo link didnt work incase you didnt know

Smoky "Rider" Blue

i do.. i took it off so that people can read my boards.. im not a shy one!  :P

Slaapkopf

Smoky "Rider" Blue

lol ya welcome Paultjuh2  8)

Grayside

This module works nicely within the forum. However, it does nothing to lock down post information revealed via RSS or SSI.

I suppose that doesn't make the tweak inherently unsafe, but that is very incomplete as a security feature. It should really be underlined in the module description to be sure administrators don't think their forum content will be safe.

Smoky "Rider" Blue

Quote from: SmokyBlue on March 15, 2009, 05:43:01 PM
Link to Mod

This modification will allow a guest to browse through all thread topics but if they will click
on a topic, it will ask them to register! 

working demo can be seen on: http://smf.houseofsmoky.com :)

doesnt say a thing on rss, just topics forum-side.

however, i might look into that, at the moment I am a bit busy.

if you would like to contribute to this mod, please stop by my site.  ;)

thank you for the imput.

if you wanted, for security sake, if you were to disable guest viewing by boards, you accomplish the same effect.

Thanks!

Grayside

I was fair brief above, but I will say that this functionality I've truly wanted for a couple years now, so I appreciate that you've posted it.

I probably won't have time to pursue it myself, but you never know.

Kimmie

Good thing I read thru the posts here  :D - I was going to tell you that your demo isnt working because I can see all the threads on your site..lol. You might wanna remove your demo link from your post so that people wont keep going to it thinking the demo will be there. :)

whats the difference between your mod and this one?

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1332

Smoky "Rider" Blue

my mod effects the entire site.. not boards you can pick and choose from, like my buddy Depreciated.  O:)

as for the demo, once i get things straight from the mods i inherited from Babjusi, the demo will be straightened back out..

personally, i did this as a favor for a friend and thought the mod could be usefull for someone wanting their site shown, but member viewing only.  ;)

divecall

Nice Mod.

But there is a Way, to enter the Forum anyway:
When a guest click on "View the most recent posts on the Forum", the Guest can see the last pages full with postings.

Exist a way to hide this ?

Smoky "Rider" Blue

if you want help with this mod, you will have to find it on my site. :)

thanks!

http://www.smf.houseofsmoky.com

Advertisement: