News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Do not enter

Started by Smoky "Rider" Blue, March 15, 2009, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

You mean, you want to stop search engines visiting your posts? (Because search engines are treated as guests)

tMicky

I want guests to see the topics in the index, but not be able to read the actual content, without registration.
I don't have SEO or anything like that, so I am okay with spiders not indexing the site.

TheListener

Arantor

Quote from: tMicky on May 14, 2013, 11:48:33 PM
I want guests to see the topics in the index, but not be able to read the actual content, without registration.
I don't have SEO or anything like that, so I am okay with spiders not indexing the site.

Good luck getting people to join if they can't see anything actually worthwhile.

@Old Fossil: That mod won't do what tMicky is asking for. That makes the board visible, not the list of topics.

TheListener

Quote from: Arantor on May 15, 2013, 12:07:15 AM
Quote from: tMicky on May 14, 2013, 11:48:33 PM

Good luck getting people to join if they can't see anything actually worthwhile.

@Old Fossil: That mod won't do what tMicky is asking for. That makes the board visible, not the list of topics.

Gotcha. Was a passing thought but never mind.

:)

tMicky

Quote from: Old Fossil on May 14, 2013, 11:50:30 PM
Try This one
Yes, this is what I wanted. However, because I have the "New Layout for Last Post Info" Mod installed, trying to manually install the mod, led to a template error and crashed the forum  :(

I tried this similar mod - "View/Enter Board Permissions" and it installed nicely, but the problem is guests can only see the index, they can't even click on category to see the threads within.

Sagar_king

Thank you very useful mod
http://mobiletek.in Smf 2.1
<hr>
Really Thankful to SMF community members for helping
All people are on this forum have their own website that's cool :D

swaggaderby

PLS IS THERE A WAY THIS MOD CAN WORK ON 2.X.08

Kindred

not really much chance at all, given that it was written for RC1
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

swaggaderby

Quote from: Kindred on September 18, 2014, 01:56:40 PM
not really much chance at all, given that it was written for RC1
alright

avisona30

Quote from: swaggaderby on September 18, 2014, 01:47:33 PM
PLS IS THERE A WAY THIS MOD CAN WORK ON 2.X.08

yes it's working charm in my SMF 2.0.8

Kindred

really?   I would not expect it to be able to install cleanly nor work correctly given the many changes since RC1
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

The 2.0 version doesn't seem to parse with 2.0 RC1 but if it's anything like the 1.1.8 version there's nothing theme related so yeah, it probably would work without changes.

avisona30

Quote from: Kindred on September 18, 2014, 04:46:40 PM
really?   I would not expect it to be able to install cleanly nor work correctly given the many changes since RC1

I couldn't change anything. you can check my forum link www.trickxadda.in

avisona30

Quote from: Arantor on September 18, 2014, 05:01:37 PM
The 2.0 version doesn't seem to parse with 2.0 RC1 but if it's anything like the 1.1.8 version there's nothing theme related so yeah, it probably would work without changes.

Yeh you are right there was no theme related issues. that's why this one work fine in SMF 2.0.8

swaggaderby

Quote from: avisona30 on September 18, 2014, 05:14:47 PM
Quote from: Arantor on September 18, 2014, 05:01:37 PM

Yeh you are right there was no theme related issues. that's why this one work fine in SMF 2.0.8
thanks working just fine for me

Smoky "Rider" Blue

If anyone wants to take over this mod.. will be happy to give permission.
Must be fluent with smf, and never charge a dime for it.

I am not active here, and I do miss my friends, RIP, Crip and Babjusi, Jade Bryan, and Ich, just to name a few.. Currently working too much, as usual and I probably will not respond to posts here..
But if you need to reach me, send a pm, and when I can catch back up I will.

If I have any other mods here, same applies.
I send lots of hugs and yes all is well. Life happens! :)
Too many projects and never enough down time. <3
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: Smoky "Rider" Blue on December 02, 2017, 10:54:47 PM

I am not active here, and I do miss my friends, RIP, Crip and Babjusi, Jade Bryan, and Ich, just to name a few.. Currently working too much, as usual and I probably will not respond to posts here..

I sent you an MP with time and interested to help you a bit with this ...

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

Kiriakos GR

I would be interested using this mod ,  if this could have an option about activation at specific Boards and not at entire forum.
I am assume that my message this is a new wish list request for the upcoming developer.  :)

Smoky "Rider" Blue

Quote from: Rock Lee on December 06, 2017, 10:05:48 PM
Quote from: Smoky "Rider" Blue on December 02, 2017, 10:54:47 PM

I sent you an MP with time and interested to help you a bit with this ...

Regards!

Rock Lee, I appreciate your interest, but if you can not publish this mod on this site, I can not allow it.
I do hope you understand, but I want to have this mod available for everyone.
Thank you for the offer tho, and it is sad, your offer so far, is the only one I have gotten.

hmm..

Quote from: Kiriakos GR on December 09, 2017, 04:39:48 AM
I would be interested using this mod ,  if this could have an option about activation at specific Boards and not at entire forum.
I am assume that my message this is a new wish list request for the upcoming developer.  :)

Thank you for future ideas Kiriakos GR... :) Hopefully someone will cruise this thread and help out.

I am unable to carry it on..
I would appreciate it if someone can take this mod over, that can have it published here, and further the dev on it.. again, please only respond if you can fill the requirements.. a very special friend of mine helped me out with it.. and it is with that same spirit I am willing and hoping this mod will continue.

Smoky
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

Advertisement: