PM Notification Bar

Started by Dzonny, March 15, 2009, 06:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dzonny

Link to Mod
PM Notification Bar
Originaly created by KahneFan

This is a simple PM notification bar which uses your theme's current style to create a bar alerting members of new PMs. Since this displays within your forum pop-up blockers won't give it trouble.

Attached is a screen shot of the mod in action. I would give a demo, but I'm sure people would keep checking the mail :D

Edit:
Updated to work with 1.1.9 and 1.1.8 versions. For that versions use pm_notification_bar_1.1.x.zip.

If you have some errors, bugs or something, please be kind to post your comment here, and we will try to help...

cme1st2302

Very nice mod KahneFan!!! Love the pop-up blockers but hate it when u need the pop-up.  This will prove to be quite handy.

Chris
SMF Version: 1.1.11
SimplePortal Version: 2.3.2

Admin

He who waits for perfect conditions sees nothing!!
If you need help adding a button or tab PM me!!

Özgür

So Long

KahneFan

Hmm, guess I have not seen that mod before. TBH, doesn't appear to be a lot of difference. That mod allows you to edit your style in the admin, whereas mine uses styles already being used on your site. Other than that.... probably not much.
#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

the_shadow

i can't find

// Show the navigation tree.

in my custom template....some help please

thnkx

KahneFan

I'm not familiar with .rar files. Can you post your regular index.template.php file?

bullbreedluverz

nice mod KF, like the way it fits nicely with my theme although the 90% width is bit overkill (IMO) ive changed it to set px width at 340px

Quote from: the_shadow on March 16, 2009, 04:41:52 PM
i can't find

// Show the navigation tree.

in my custom template....some help please

thnkx

try this - make sure you have a back up tho as this may not work but ive placed it just before where // Show the navigation tree. should be in default theme

KahneFan

I just wanted to make it stand out, but the width is definitely up to the forum owner :D

bullbreedluverz

Quote from: Özgür´ on March 16, 2009, 11:19:14 AM
What difference Pm Informer?

i think the difference being that KF's mod utilises the catbg image and adds the boarder around which blends well with the forum design, where as PM Informer just had a coloured background and no offence to the mod designer - it was very basic looking

my members liked PM Informer but i disliked its design as it didnt blend well with my forum but with my tweek, as is definately up to the forum owner  ;D, looks much better and fits in with my forum design

Pleek

gona make this for 1.1.8? cause thats what im using now and i don't want to have a upgrade my whole site just to add this feature.

KahneFan

I don't use 1.1.x, but I could try to look at it. It should be too tough to implement. I just need to know the text strings, the rest is basic HTML.

the_shadow

Quote from: KahneFan on March 16, 2009, 05:57:27 PM
I'm not familiar with .rar files. Can you post your regular index.template.php file?

here u go KahneFan....

Quote from: stikkki
try this - make sure you have a back up tho as this may not work but ive placed it just before where // Show the navigation tree. should be in default theme

i made this modification in my default theme but i want it to work in my custum....this  is mine index.template of my cystum template...and i can´t find that frase!!!:(

KahneFan

I don't know what your theme looks like, but the attached should work. Be sure to back up first... although the file attached above is basically a backup :D

the_shadow

fotografo74

Nice Mod, thanks!
I installed on my forum, works ok :-)
How can i chanche the bar's background color ?
Thanks!
Antonio

KahneFan

It uses the same class as your catbg's. You would need to either change your catbg, or create a whole new class just for the bar.

Or, you could use PM Informer which allows you to adjust the bg color.

fotografo74

Quote from: KahneFan on March 20, 2009, 03:19:00 AM
It uses the same class as your catbg's. You would need to either change your catbg, or create a whole new class just for the bar.

Or, you could use PM Informer which allows you to adjust the bg color.
Oh thanks for quick reply! :-)
Antonio

JMantis

Just tried to install this plugin but I get the following error:

"The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF"

I'm using SMF 1.1.10 with a custom theme.

Anyone know what could be the problem?

KahneFan

The package info XML page just needs to be updated from:
<install for="1.1.8 - 1.1.9">

to
<install for="1.1.8 - 1.1.10">

or
<install for="1.1.x - 1.1.xx">

Özgür

<install for="1.1.x - 1.1.xx">   dont work.
User should be use
<install for="1.1.0 - 1.1.99"> 
So Long

Advertisement: