Updated to 2.0 - How to install packages?

Started by robg2251, March 16, 2009, 11:18:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robg2251

I updated and finally have everything running fairly smooth.  I'd like to get the packages I had running again, but when I apply the mod, it comes up with a ton of errors.   Here's the ones I'd like to get working again:

Ignore User 1.4
Ignore Topic 1.0
reCaptcha for SMF 0.9.5.3
Spell Check Custom Words 1.01

All of them give me errors.  I've read posts about some having issues with mods and others installing them seamlessly.   I didn't find a solid solution to getting these operational again.   Any suggestions?

greyknight17

What version of SMF 2.0 did you install (beta 4 or RC1) and are those mods compatible with them? I checked the first one and it's only compatible with SMF 1.1.x so that one is out of the question until it's updated to work with SMF 2.0.

robg2251

That would be the issue then.  We updated to the RC1 2.0, and I can see these mods aren't updated yet.   Does anyone know if there has been a new "ignore user" option?  That was a pretty used mod in my forum, I didn't realize how much so, until it was removed when we updated. 

Thanks for your help.

greyknight17

If you are using SMF 2.0 RC1, this is a default feature already. They can go into their Profile > Personal Messaging and enter the user they want to ignore. It will block out their replies in the topics.

Advertisement: