News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

trouble upgrading from beta 3.1 to rc1

Started by DavidWFF, March 17, 2009, 02:21:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidWFF

Since I was previously running 3.1 I used the larger UPGRADE rather than UPDATE...
I uploaded all the files and when I run upgrade.php I get the following :

Notice: Undefined index: upgrade_upgrade_utility in /home/winnipe/public_html/forum/upgrade.php on line 3572

Notice: Undefined index: upgrade_steps in /home/winnipe/public_html/forum/upgrade.php on line 3580

Notice: Undefined index: upgrade_step in /home/winnipe/public_html/forum/upgrade.php on line 3587
1: Login

Notice: Undefined index: upgrade_step in /home/winnipe/public_html/forum/upgrade.php on line 3587
2: Upgrade Options

3: Backup

4: Database Changes

5: Cleanup Mods

6: Upgrade Templates

7: Delete Upgrade

Notice: Undefined index: upgrade_progress in /home/winnipe/public_html/forum/upgrade.php on line 3593

Notice: Undefined index: upgrade_overall_progress in /home/winnipe/public_html/forum/upgrade.php on line 3597
:
0%
:
%

Notice: Undefined index: upgrade_time_elapsed in /home/winnipe/public_html/forum/upgrade.php on line 3623
:
Notice: Undefined index: upgrade_time_mins in /home/winnipe/public_html/forum/upgrade.php on line 3624
, 1
Notice: Undefined index: upgrade_time_secs in /home/winnipe/public_html/forum/upgrade.php on line 3624
Updating Your SMF Install!

Notice: Undefined index: upgrade_ready

DavidWFF

now when I try to log into the forum I can't:

Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator. 

any ideas?  David

DavidWFF

My upgrade to rc1 was unsuccessful, and I also cannoit log back in to the forum...I get the following nessage:
Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator

Any of my members that haven't logged out seem to be online and using the forum right now...

Any ideas?
David

Tyrsson

Can you please post a link to your forum.

Have you tried clearing the cookies in your browser? (not sure if this will help in this case or not)
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

DavidWFF

www.winnipegfishforum.info/forum/index.php

I haven't tried with the cookies...One of the other admins hasn't logged out(since before the "upgrade" and is still able to access the forum...David

Tyrsson

Can you please have the other admin approve my account.

DavidWFF

They're trying and it won't approve,  so I guess there's something else that's not working..I just received a few email notifications of replies to threads, and PM's, so the forum seem's to be functioning as far as that goes...I just can't get in, new members can not be approved, and I'm guessing there will be more. ..David

Tyrsson

DavidWFF

Okay, I believe I was just able to approve you...I went to another computer that I haven't used since the day before yesterday and got into the forum...
the upgrade went bad right from the beginning...I have another thread started in this section with the error messages I received when that happened..David

Tyrsson

Please link to that topic so that I can merge the threads please since they are both about the same support issue.

Tyrsson

I get the same error. Going to look for your other thread as it may help to solve this.

Tyrsson

Thanks, I merged the topics as it will help to focus the support for this.

Those errors are most likely from all the files not being uploaded to the server prior to starting the upgrade. Most likely dropped language files (maybe).

How did you upload the files to the server?

Was all the text present and everything that was listing the progress readable during the upgrade process (might tell us whether it was actually language files that are the problem).

Do you remember if the progress about the database update completed during the process?

At what point did you stop/exit the upgrade?

DavidWFF

I opened the zip file in the forum folder, and it gave me a "some of the files older than the latest version" message, so I unzipped the upgrade on my computer, and then transferred the indidividual folders and loose files using cute ftp...then I ran upgrade again...

The upgrade process stopped very early on, and I got what I posted at the beginning of this thread

It stopped very soon after beginning, so there was likely no database update(though I can't be sure)

I exited the process(and tried a couple/few more times) when it stopped doing anything, which was basically soon after it started..

Sorry if my answers aren't very "technical"...I'm good at following directions, but when things don't do what they're expected I'm pretty lost..David

DavidWFF

An Error Has Occurred!
Unable to load the 'maintain_database' template.

Not sure if this helps...I thought I'd check to see which if any files still were out of date...I can't access that...David

Tyrsson

QuoteI opened the zip file in the forum folder, and it gave me a "some of the files older than the latest version" message, so I unzipped the upgrade on my computer, and then transferred the indidividual folders and loose files using cute ftp...then I ran upgrade again...
At this point when you unzipped the upgrade package did you choose to overwrite the older files?

When you uploaded to via ftp did it prompt you to overwrite any files? If so did you overwrite the files?

DavidWFF

when I unzipped it did not prompt
when I uploaded via ftp it DID prompt me to overwrite files, which I did..
David

DavidWFF

Is it possible the "front page" of the forum is messing something up? It all loads, but I get this message across the top:

Notice: Undefined index: forumprofile in /home/winnipe/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 3765

Tyrsson

Please attach this file:

/Sources/Subs.php

DavidWFF

Advertisement: