News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Themes that support specific languages

Started by nina-nina, March 17, 2009, 08:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nina-nina

How do I know that a theme supports a specific language?   While searching and looking in the different themes, I found some that I liked but there was not much information about them. So I would not know if that Theme has the buttons/and features needed for a forum in Spanish for example.

Deaks

all themes must support english, alot of the themes on site are made by Turkish users so they provide turkish versions, it is possible to make anytheme work with any language, some would require images to be translated but most authors use tabs so its a case that most times all that needs done is translating a file :)

Best contact the theme authors to see if they can help you.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

nina-nina

Do you mean sending the author a message?

Deaks

yes, if theres images with text on them then they will hopefully have the files and means to help you make the appropriate language, however most themes will work with different languages with nothing needing done to them.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

nina-nina

Quote from: Runic on March 17, 2009, 09:13:34 PM
yes, if theres images with text on them then they will hopefully have the files and means to help you make the appropriate language, however most themes will work with different languages with nothing needing done to them.

Mmmm... That's what I meant.  It would be nice to know before downloading if the theme would work with a specific language. In my case would be Spanish as my forum will be in Spanish.  I would not like to download a theme, install it and then realize that It does not support the languages I want. I would have to go through the removing of the theme, and the installation of another theme.. etc.

Suggestion: Would be nice if each author listed in the theme page the languages that their themes support.

Thank you for you prompt repply.  I will try to find out which of the themes I like support Spanish.  You can close this topic if you want.

Deaks

this was something that we were working on before I left the team, om not sure of the progress of it though, but as I have said all themes will work with spanish, you may need tio ask the author for a .psd to make relevant buttons.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Advertisement: