News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Rapidshare and Megaupload Link Checker and Notifier Mod

Started by ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ, March 19, 2009, 12:35:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Well on my forum we have posts with Rapidshare and Megaupload Links, sometimes the links go dead and we have no way of knowing directly.

I have a firefox addon which can check links and see if there valid, and was thinking maybe someone could apply the way this addon checks links to a smf mod and then have the mod PM the thread starter or poster of links that are dead and possibly replace the links that are dead with an alternative text.

also, links are inside HIDE tag (hidden content)

My forum software is SMF 2 BETA 4 and I will be upgrading to SMF 2 RC1 soon

if you need more info, please dont hesistate to ask.

Well Thanks in advanced hope it aint too much trouble :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

RIGILKENTARUS

this would be great man.... i have the same idea... this can be revolutionary :D
WwW.ChileDescargas.Com Comunidad de Descargas..... Si no lo tenemos, pidelo y lo traemos.......

M-DVD

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: M-DVD on May 04, 2009, 04:35:24 PM
What firefox addon? ::)
I knew it would probably be you creating this mod, you have such great mods :D

ok well the addon is a greasemonkey script, so get greasemonkey addon for firefox if you dont already.
GreaseMonkey Addon:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748

I have uploaded the Javascript to my own hosting
http://www.requestiso.com/misc/link_checker/LC_script.js

simply install the greasemonkey addon then once done, drag the javascript file on to a firefox browser window to install.

Good Luck with the mod, anymore questions, please, dont hesistate to ask :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Ive been looking on google and here and discovered many ppl here and everywhere want this mod or something very similar,

whoever makes it will surly be a mod hero :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

M-DVD

Possibly in the next (or the other) week, I try begin do it.

Juo

Id also be extremely interested in a modification of this kind. I think it would need to have the following functionally (if possible)

1. Basic link checker for rapidshare links in user selected boxes (mine are in [code ]. (Perhaps with some AJAX functionality while it checks each individual link.

2. Automatic detection of "dead" links, and an option (set by the administrator) to either delete the post, or move it upon detection (to a Graveyard thread). If that's not possible perhaps an email or PM could be sent to the admin // moderation team.

Thanks  :)

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Juo on May 26, 2009, 02:59:20 PM
Id also be extremely interested in a modification of this kind. I think it would need to have the following functionally (if possible)

1. Basic link checker for rapidshare links in user selected boxes (mine are in [code ]. (Perhaps with some AJAX functionality while it checks each individual link.

2. Automatic detection of "dead" links, and an option (set by the administrator) to either delete the post, or move it upon detection (to a Graveyard thread). If that's not possible perhaps an email or PM could be sent to the admin // moderation team.

Thanks  :)

yea moving links to a dead link board (chosen by admin) would be a great addition to the mod, PM a Staff in charge (chosen by admin) and the topic starter, ive been waiting ofr someone to work on this for a long time, and there is much interest in it.

I urge you to post here if your interested in the mod, it will encourage mod creators that its actually worth making :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

baioslaio

How is it going @M-DVD?
If you complete this you sure will be an hero!

We need this mod!  :-*

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: baioslaio on June 08, 2009, 04:13:23 AM
How is it going @M-DVD?

Yep, it will help out alot :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

Dzonny

Quote from: johncccccc on June 08, 2009, 11:19:22 AM
Quote from: baioslaio on June 08, 2009, 04:13:23 AM
How is it going @M-DVD?

Yep, it will help out alot :)
This kind of mod would be really cool...
Think that many smf webmasters is waiting for smth like this....

M-DVD

xD This week I begin with this MOD (I think I take a couple of weekends).

(I was thinking do 'before' two MODs 'very necessary' for a forum, I hope anyone else to do so before :P)

baioslaio

Quote from: M-DVD on June 09, 2009, 10:47:32 PM

(I was thinking do 'before' two MODs 'very necessary' for a forum, I hope anyone else to do so before :P)

<3
I cant wait for this lovely mod!

Dzonny

i hope that this mod will be realised soon.. :)
Keep on doing it guy... :)

4Kstore

Quote from: M-DVD on June 09, 2009, 10:47:32 PM

This post can help you M-DVD:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=248717.0

Saludos!

¡¡NEW MOD: Sparkles User Names!!!

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

well

I would imagine that simply copying what the grease monkey script does to the page and making that permanently integrated will do the trick for detection of the links, then add the other features like moving to a dead link board and notifying the admin and/or other staff and topic starter or post with dead links, but its easier said than done lol..

Thanks M-DVD, well appreciated from me, and others too!!

if u need any prototype testing of this mod, I will be happy to help with testing prior to submitting the mod :)

This is gonna be a great mod!!! cant wait!!!

SMF 2.0 RC5

Dzonny

Quoteif u need any prototype testing of this mod, I will be happy to help with testing...
Count on me too... :P

baioslaio

M-DVD

Quote from: 4kstore on June 11, 2009, 12:03:42 PM
This post can help you M-DVD:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=248717.0

Saludos!

Quote from: Dzonny on June 11, 2009, 04:09:43 PM
This link could also help with this mod:
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Web_Development/Web_Languages-Standards/PHP/Q_24109799.html

Thanks, fortunately, hasn't been necessary. :P

--

Quote from: johncccccc on June 11, 2009, 06:15:39 PM
well

I would imagine that simply copying what the grease monkey script does to the page and making that permanently integrated will do the trick for detection of the links, then add the other features like moving to a dead link board and notifying the admin and/or other staff and topic starter or post with dead links, but its easier said than done lol..

Thanks M-DVD, well appreciated from me, and others too!!

if u need any prototype testing of this mod, I will be happy to help with testing prior to submitting the mod :)

This is gonna be a great mod!!! cant wait!!!

Quote from: Dzonny on June 12, 2009, 01:13:45 AM
Quoteif u need any prototype testing of this mod, I will be happy to help with testing...
Count on me too... :P

Thanks, perhaps necessary :D

--

Quote from: baioslaio on June 15, 2009, 01:10:31 PM
@M-DVD
How is it going? :P Making any progress?

aprox 40%

Advertisement: