Bad problem with cyrillic :/

Started by kiril_fmi, March 19, 2009, 10:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiril_fmi

Well, i had some troubles moving my forum to a new host, but finally i did. I had some problems with the database, but i deleted some things and now it's ok :) But, i have another problem now. My forum default language is Bulgarian-utf8. So, it's the same now, but i can't read the topics. I just see ?? ? ? ? ?? ?? ?... But, the interesting thing is, that some of the topics are ok :-\ Strange!
Here what i'm talkin' about:
http://mariahcarey-bg.com/forum [nofollow]

I hope somebody can help me. Thank you in advance!

kiril_fmi

Well, i got the problem. The problem is, that my old database is charset ISO-8859-1, not utf-8. How to import it? Or how to convert it to utf-8? Because phpmyadmin don't offer charset ISO-8859-1 to import :-\ Help me, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  :'( I'm trying things for days :'(

6aro

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=30624.0 Виж тук! Един я е конвертирал като е ползвал Notepad/Wordpad и е заменил ISO-8859-1 с utf-8. После я качваш с phpmyadmin и даваш да замеми сегашната.

Akyhne

There is an option to convert your db to UTF-8 in SMF 1.1.x as well as 2.0.

ivo2296

Hello,

This topic is solved long ago i just forgot to write here. The user now uses SMF 2.0 RC1 and his forum has a new path on the server.

:)

Milko

Quote from: Akyhne on June 18, 2009, 03:30:24 AM
There is an option to convert your db to UTF-8 in SMF 1.1.x as well as 2.0.

There really is such an option in SMF 1.1.x - I tried it and ended up with a screwed up database ::) Good thing I had a copy of the original one. Anyway, I still have not found a solution to this same problem, so I'm stuck with 1.1.x now (not complaining, hey! ;) ) eventhough I want to go 2.0. Is there a more detailed explanation how to convert the database to UTF-8 using Notepad (++)?

ivo2296

Quote from: Milko on September 04, 2009, 01:56:43 PM
Is there a more detailed explanation how to convert the database to UTF-8 using Notepad (++)?

Format --> Encode in UTF-8

chris42

What was the solution I have the same problem smf1 do I have to upgrate to smf 2 ?

I just install smf few days ago  :(

chipset

Before migrate to SMF 2.x:

(FreeBSD, database latin1/cp1251)
mysqldump -p --default-character-set=latin1 yourdatabasename > old.sql
iconv -c -f cp1251 -t utf-8 old.sql > new.sql
perl -pi -e "s/SET NAMES latin1/SET NAMES utf8/" new.sql
perl -pi -e "s/latin1_bin/utf8_general_ci/g" new.sql
perl -pi -e "s/latin1/utf8/g" new.sql
new.sql is UTF-8

(Notepad++ and SMF dump)
Open smf-complete.sql with Notepad++