Dynamic Memberlist 3.0

Started by Antechinus, March 19, 2009, 11:50:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: Antechinus on April 07, 2009, 07:04:51 PM
Umm, I don't know which field you want to call. If it's already been added in admin then the arrays should be sorted, which means you just need to add the right code to the template in with the rest of it. What exactly are you trying to add?

Probably all of them
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Antechinus

D'oh. :P I mean which fields has she added? What are their contents? What is required to be displayed so I can tell her how to code it, smartypants. These are custom fields, not standard ones. The standard ones are already displayed.

Özgür

So Long

SgtMic

Quote from: Özgür´ on April 08, 2009, 01:12:59 AM
Quote from: Jade on April 06, 2009, 07:53:43 PM
Can I has custom fields on SMF 2.0 then? ;D
Maybe this is help for you. http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse;mod=1520;attach=77409;smf_version=2.0_RC1

Quote from: SgtMic on April 05, 2009, 02:28:30 AM
How or can this be modded to work with custom fields on memberlist mod?

The mod needs to change this in the memberlist.template.php
Your version of the php no longer has this.
Find:
  echo ' </tr>'; } } // No members? 

Replace:
  // Any custom fields to show? if (!empty($context['custom_profile_fields']['columns'])) { foreach ($context['custom_profile_fields']['columns'] as $key => $column) echo ' <td class="windowbg" align="left">', $member['options'][substr($key, 5)], '</td>'; } echo ' </tr>'; } } // No members? 
There is nothing more deadly than a US Marine and his rifle.
A close second is a US Marine and his K-BAR.
2/5 Fox Co.  (BlackHearts)
FAST Co. 5th Plt. (FIDO)

LadyC

hi antechinus,

i'm not sure where to find the array, but i've included a screencap. the one i'd like on the memberlist is "i'm saved" with radio button options of "yes" and "no". i hovered my mouse over the option and it says it is field 1 (even though in the image it appears as the second one.)

Antechinus

The array will be in Sources/Memberlist.php. If you could attach a copy of that I'll take a look at it.

LadyC

Hey guys,

This mod is so awesome and I would love to get this to work.  However, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get that background image around each member to show up.

Check it out here:

http://www.posterdistrict.com/forum/index.php?action=mlist

test login:

stinson

password:

memphis1

Antechinus

If you are using a custom theme you will need to copy the image to your themes images folder. You will also need to copy the css additions to your style.css

Balaban

Vampy

Is there a way to add the option for a link to "send a PM" to the member in the individual boxes, where the email, website and MSN icons are?

Quote from: Antechinus on April 10, 2009, 06:21:40 PM
If you are using a custom theme you will need to copy the image to your themes images folder. You will also need to copy the css additions to your style.css

thanks for your help.  Still not working properly.  I'm assuming my theme is missing something because the page just looks jumbled up.  Any thoughts on what the problem might be?

Antechinus

Quote from: Vampy on April 11, 2009, 11:14:31 AM
Is there a way to add the option for a link to "send a PM" to the member in the individual boxes, where the email, website and MSN icons are?
It's already there. The online/offline icon performs this function, just as it does in Display.template.php (ie: post view). If you hover over it you'll see the title text: "Online | Send a message". If you want a separate text link that can be done, but I'm not sure it's necessary. Up to you.

@413: If you have the css and image in place it is probably a cache problem. Have you tried clearing your browser cache and forcing a refresh? (Ctrl+F5)

If it is not a cache problem it has to be a mistake in the css. Give me a link to your site, with a test account if that is necessary to view the memberlist, and I'll take a look at it.

ysNoi

Very nice mod..! I'll be waiting for a version on SMF 1.1.8 if there is any...!

Great mod..

"Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it."

Antechinus

What is this 1.1.8 you speak of, Grasshopper?

ysNoi

I'm sorry...! I mean on SMF 1.1.8..!
"Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it."

Bigguy

Very nice...just installed it on my forum. :)

Quote from: Antechinus on April 11, 2009, 08:34:08 PM
It's already there. The online/offline icon performs this function, just as it does in Display.template.php (ie: post view). If you hover over it you'll see the title text: "Online | Send a message". If you want a separate text link that can be done, but I'm not sure it's necessary. Up to you.

@413: If you have the css and image in place it is probably a cache problem. Have you tried clearing your browser cache and forcing a refresh? (Ctrl+F5)

If it is not a cache problem it has to be a mistake in the css. Give me a link to your site, with a test account if that is necessary to view the memberlist, and I'll take a look at it.

I really appreciate your help with all of this.  Enclosed is a test login.  Let me know what you think.  Thanks so much

test login:

stinson

password:

memphis1

Vampy

Quote from: Antechinus on April 11, 2009, 08:34:08 PM

Thanks Antechinus - guess that'll teach me to install on my test site where I'm the only one online - my apologies

Antechinus

Quote from: 0413 on April 11, 2009, 10:33:04 PMI really appreciate your help with all of this.  Enclosed is a test login.  Let me know what you think.  Thanks so much

test login:

stinson

password:

memphis1

Not a problem. Any chance of getting the site url?  ;D

@Vampy: No worries. Easy to miss stuff sometimes. Everyone does it.

Advertisement: