mambo integration issues, a few questions

Started by mikewest, February 23, 2005, 02:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikewest

Ok, i have posted these questions seperatley and haven't gotten any responses, so i will post the issues i am having all in one spot hopefully someone out there will be able to help.

1.  i can't register new members ( i have run the mos2smf script)
2.  the simpleboard_to_smf.php causes the posts to have the wrong members names..
3.  Can smf and community builder co-exist, or do i have to redo everyones profiles?

i would be very thankful if i can get these things resloved... this is all that is holding me back.

Mike

here is my test site.... www.perfectpalletspostpress.com/452

Kindred

1- your registration link is pointing to the wrong place...  it should not be called as a component...
                  http://www.site.com/index.php?option=com_smf_registration&task=register
1a) You need to fix the index.english.php [welcome_guest] string...

2- no idea...  this may be related to having simpleboard merged with mambo, originally. If simpleboard/mambo changes either the mambo or simpleboard tables, then the conversion utility may not have everything in the palce it thinks it should be...

3- Community builder CAN exist with the bridge...  but it's difficult and not for the faint of heart (or the weak of code). it requires a number of source modifications to link properly.  I'd suggest redoing the profiles and/or waiting for Orstio's custom profile component...

hmmm...

just tested your registration:

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

chadness

That error that kindred posted has to do with the phpBB component being installed.  It removes the activation field in the mambo table.  You need to (provided phpBB was just installed, and you won't lose any data) uninstall that component to restore your table.

mikewest

i don't have phpbb installed? lol

1.  i still can't register, when i tried through the login form i get this error
An Error Has Occurred!
You are not allowed to access this section 

Thanks, i wasn't aware that i can't call it as a component, i changed that, but i am still getting the above posted error

What do i fix in the index.english.php?

2.  i might just start from scratch

3.  Ok, guess i will scrap CB.....  :'(

Now, just have to fix the registration problems.... any more ideas?

Kindred

Change the [welcome_guest] string in index.LANGUAGE.php to read:

$txt['welcome_guest'] = 'Welcome, <b>' . $txt[28] . '</b>. Please login or <a href="'. $GLOBALS['mosConfig_live_site'] .'/index.php?option=com_smf_registration&task=register">register</a>.';

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

mikewest

forgive my ignorance, but what does the above fix to the language file do?

i changed it, and i sitll get the above error, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Kindred

The fix to the language file corrects the link in the login-box for registering...
Слaва
Украинi

mikewest

well i finally got my mambo/smf integration working, and i figured out how to fix the above error if anyone should come across it.

What i did was dropped the mos_users and mos_usertypes... i had originally imported the users with those two fields and i guess when a new user tried to sign up the paramaters were changed from the mos_ fields i was using.  Anyhow, using fresh fields for both of those two fixed the problem.  Hope that made sense, lol

diamondinformationcenter

should you not also change the activation link ? too
$txt['welcome_guest_activate'] = '<br />Did you miss your <a href="'. $GLOBALS['mosConfig_live_site'] .'/index.php?option=com_smf&action=activate">activation email</a>.';
Diamond Information Center
Talk about diamonds and get help before you buy!
http://www.diamondinformationcenter.com [nofollow]

Advertisement: