Preview: BNET.cc

Started by TaGBaN, May 19, 2009, 10:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaGBaN

This theme believe it or not is entirely based on the Babylon theme's template, but heavily modded. Its my first attempt at a theme, and yes, I really plan to change the buttons but was looking for an already existing button set. The red/gray star areas, are actually transparent PNG's, so that as the background changes, so does the background of those.

http://www.bnet.cc/index.php?theme=4

bullbreedluverz

looks good for your first theme

TaGBaN

Quote from: stikkki on May 19, 2009, 10:22:58 PM
looks good for your first theme

Thanks, I actually decided to tone it down a bit. The starry background was bugging me, so I went with a "Brushed Metal" background. Lemme know if you like it. :)

bullbreedluverz

stars was better it was more individual

Akyhne

I don't quite like the blue buttons. They just doesn't fit. The rest is very nice.

Akyhne

A few suggestions to the babylon buttons, but they could really be any color you like: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=290611.0

TaGBaN

I'm actually 100% planning to completely build my own button set for this. To match that top red section. So, im not too worried right now. I know the buttons look ugly, but they're going away soon. So you liked the stars more?

Hrm. The brushed metal background gives it a certain flare, but the stars definately look nice. I'll have to futz around to find a happy medium. I think the stars I was using were simply too expansive (too many stars per square inch).

TaGBaN

kks Re-added stars to background. As I said, the nice thing about the theme so far, is that all the colored backgrounds are transparent PNG's, so essentially they can be flipped around and sunsequently changed for better OR worse.

Akyhne

If you are leaving the Babylon buttons completely, wouldn't it then have been easier to build your theme based on the core theme?

bullbreedluverz

Quote from: TaGBaN on May 20, 2009, 06:32:22 AM
I'm actually 100% planning to completely build my own button set for this. To match that top red section. So, im not too worried right now. I know the buttons look ugly, but they're going away soon. So you liked the stars more?

Hrm. The brushed metal background gives it a certain flare, but the stars definately look nice. I'll have to futz around to find a happy medium. I think the stars I was using were simply too expansive (too many stars per square inch).

well you could always add an extra image pack to the upload of the final theme when you submit it where people can change the background if they wish - with some the themes ive released ive included extra images, 1 theme even had images to basically change the theme into 3 different 1s depending on the person downloading it personal preference

Advertisement: