Specific User that Cannot Log In or Out-Firefox 3

Started by Tiribulus, March 23, 2009, 01:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiribulus

This is to save somebody else the same hassle I just went through.

My wife could not log OUT from her machine no matter what I tried. This is on a machine on my lan in my house, in this case the same lan the forum box is on too. I finally had to ban her username to get her logged off, but then when trying to log her back in I would get the error saying "you were not able to login, check your cookie settings". All this worked fine from every other machine, but hers.

Turns out that the .sqlite files that Firefox Creates had become unstable somehow. They're in the documents and settings/username/application data/mozilla/firefox/profiles-- folder. Have them back their bookmarks up and move or rename all the files there with a .sqlite extension and when they restart Firefox they'll be recreated and all be well though they may have to re-enter any login creds stored for whatever sites they use including yours.

It took me 2 hours to figure this out and only clues are available if you search for .sqlite files and firefox so if even one person is saved from all the crap I went through tracking this down I'll be happy.

Advertisement: