First line of every post is positioned to the right.

Started by Poisonhearts, March 23, 2009, 09:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poisonhearts

Hello,

My forum now shows the first line of posts all the way to the right only when viewing in Firefox. It is normal in IE.

http://darkbrotherhoodsociety.com/forum/index.php

Tyrsson

Who modified the theme that you are using? Did they make any changes to the Display.template.php?
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

Poisonhearts

Quote from: Tyrsson on March 24, 2009, 03:33:33 AM
Who modified the theme that you are using? Did they make any changes to the Display.template.php?

They never made any changes to the Display.template.php.

Tyrsson

What I do not understand is that it is not every post that is effected by this. The first post is rarely if ever effected by it.

Was this originally a 1.1.x forum that has been upgraded to the 2.0RC1?

Was the default core theme changed or was a copy made and then the changes made it that?

Poisonhearts

I'm seeing that every single post is affected by this, the original first line of every post on the forum is shoved to the right.

I had it to the 2.0 beta then I upgraded it to 2.0RC1.

The default core theme was just changed.

Tyrsson

When was the theme changes made?

Which upgrade package was used?

Antechinus

First two lines, actually. Use an RC1 Display.template and forum.css.

Poisonhearts

Quote from: Tyrsson on March 25, 2009, 12:37:41 AM
When was the theme changes made?

Which upgrade package was used?

They were made about a month ago.

I used the Large upgrade package of SMF 2.0 RC1.

Quote from: Antechinus on March 25, 2009, 02:34:28 AM
First two lines, actually. Use an RC1 Display.template and forum.css.

You mean replace the current Display.template and forum.css with ones from a fresh install? I just did that but nothing changed.

Tyrsson

There must have been dropped files because if the theme changes were made prior to the upgrade the theme changes should have been overwritten when you used the large upgrade package. Unless this theme is actually a copy of the default.

Poisonhearts

Quote from: Tyrsson on March 25, 2009, 10:29:10 PM
There must have been dropped files because if the theme changes were made prior to the upgrade the theme changes should have been overwritten when you used the large upgrade package. Unless this theme is actually a copy of the default.

I made the theme before I did the upgrade. After the upgrade I just uploaded all the changes I had made before the upgrade. I obviously screwed something up. Maybe I should just replace all the files with ones from a new install and redo the theme while watching what I'm doing more.

Antechinus

If you loaded the RC1 default theme Display.template.php and forum.css into your custom theme it should work.
If you loaded them into the default that would have no effect on your custom theme, unless you deleted the corresponding files in that theme.

If your custom theme does not have its own Display.template.php anyway then it looks like we have a browser bug.
So does your custom theme just call the default Display.template and css/forum.css or does it have a customised ones?

Tyrsson

From what I understand from their previous answer in the thread I think their custom theme is the default which is why I do not understand how it wasn't overwritten when the large upgrade was used.

Advertisement: