[Preview] Black Silk

Started by bullbreedluverz, March 24, 2009, 02:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bullbreedluverz

this theme simply takes an adjustment of height in style.css at moment with this theme its set at 200px but within seconds you can change that to be 20, 40, 100, 300 px, no complicated hunt for the code as it says clearly right at the top, the first code entry, of style.css "logobox"

make your image
decide how heigh you want it
edit style.css with the height, upload and thats it

theres no left, middle, right image, theres no overlap - it uses hidden overflow to adjust from large resolution down to low resolution

unlike some themes that have a tiny image, that wont center without rewriting code, juggling images, moving this images, changing that etc etc

there are lots of posts about how do i change the logo and lot time these are a pain in arse to change but this 1 really is simplicity

decide height
make image
change height from 200px to desired height
upload style.css and image
thats it

my logo isnt hard coded, can be changed for any image called logo.jpg - i change my logos every other second when making my themes and can do it within seconds even if i change its size - it does my head in with themes that hard code logos and make it hard to change, dont see the point other than un willingness to give flexibility, so tried to make mine as simple as possible really
background would be included in image as would be blank on/offs, blank user rank images

KahneFan

Quote from: stikkki on March 24, 2009, 09:37:29 PM
decide height
make image
change height from 200px to desired height
upload style.css and image
thats it

I agree with that. Again, not stating hard coding a theme is wrong, just harder. And when I say harder, I mean harder for those "weekender" forum owners who just want to add a forum to their site, throw a theme on it and be done... but wait... how do I adjust this here logo dealy? CSS? What's that? (for even less knowledgeable)... I have my name in the "Site Name" area of my admin panel, but it's not showing up anywhere?

Again, not saying your way is wrong, or even bad, just throwing something out there. Again, I dig your themes (and many other that use your method), just $.02 how to make life easier on site owners.
#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

bullbreedluverz

i am a "weekender" forum owners - i ent got a clue about coding to be honest with you i just got some help, to make a design that enables site to produce larger banner logos that can employ backgrounds that can be utilised whilst having a central focal point - this theme doesnt really display that but some my other themes do such as

http://www.bullbreedluverz.com/rc1test/index.php?%20theme=11

high resolution this banner shows a full width tunnel with a car in it, low resolution shows the car with a narrow view of the tunnel - try it in a resolution viewer

as far as i know there is no other themes that provide a logo image that can work well for high res and low res screens with the size this provides - just a pokey 300x150px image thats left aligned that takes a rejigging of the css to even add an image 10px larger because they are hard coded into it - i dont think my theme will be suitable for everyone but for sites that utilise large banners, like gaming sites i think this lends its self well to them

thius is same image shown in high resolution and low resolution, no editing, no changing of image

low res - 800x600

high resolution 1680x1050

the image hasnt been changed, theres no compression, no distortion, you can display 1 image to all members with different resolutions by adding background, i try to make my logos work in 800x600 although most forum owners will probly not be too interested in 800x600 which gives wider scope to size of central focus of logo

Advertisement: