News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Get rid of the "Author" Column?

Started by webking, March 24, 2009, 03:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webking

Hi,

How do I start changing the Display.template.php and other files in order to get rid of the "Author" column? Simply because it takes up space that I need.

Please tell me which files involve?

I kinda want to move it to the top where "Quote,  Modify, Remove, and Split Topic" is at. This way it will consume the whole page and leaving Author info at top to save space and take advantage of the whole page.

Thanks everyone for your kind instructions.
http://www.internetvps.com - #1 Virtual Private Server Provider!

Antechinus

I don't understand what the picture is about because it's just the standard layout. Anyway you need to edit Display.template.php and css/forum.css

KahneFan

You are wanting to move the author information to the header of a post instead of the sidebar?
#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

webking

Quote from: KahneFan on March 24, 2009, 09:57:59 PM
You are wanting to move the author information to the header of a post instead of the sidebar?

Yes, please.

If this is all I need from Antechinus, then thank you very much. Else, please advice.

QuoteAnyway you need to edit Display.template.php and css/forum.css
http://www.internetvps.com - #1 Virtual Private Server Provider!

KahneFan

Correct. Display.template.php and /css/forum.css is where you will want to edit. Also, I (think) there are some themes that have top bar information like this. You may want to consider resizing the max avatar size so that no one puts in an overly large avatar and throw your header bar out of wack.
#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

Antechinus

Good advice. This sort of layout works best with avatars up to about 80x80. If they are larger than that having them at the side is a better option.

Advertisement: