News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[Preview] Above Board Silver

Started by KahneFan, March 26, 2009, 10:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KahneFan

I use only HEX codes for the colors (other than on/off), so this theme is easily customizable...

(link removed) Theme being modified

Login with test/test to see on/off.
#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

bullbreedluverz

simple concept that will help people new to changing themes to be able to change the colour scheme

Anti - Government

OK i would love to use that particular theme above but unsure exactly how to do that.

could someone please talk me through it btw this is my new site and as you can see i do need a new theme lol

hxxp:wearetruthseekers.com/index.php [nonactive]

Also i want to add a logo but dont know how please help

apperciate it :)

KahneFan

You're using 1.1.8, all my themes are for 2.0, and I don't plan on making this for 1.1.x at this time.

When finding a theme, be sure to look at compatible, and be sure it says 1.1.x. Once you find a theme you like, go to:

ADMIN --> THEMES AND LAYOUT --> (bottom of page) "Install a New Theme"

- Browse for your ZIP file (no need to unzip a theme)
- click "Install"
- (after install complete) return to "Themes and layout" and reset your site's overall theme to the new theme.

That's it. Your new theme is done.

IF you're lucky, the theme author used the SMF logo coding and makes it easy to adjust the logo. Unfortunately, not many theme authors do this (all my themes do). If they have left the SMF coding, you can go to ADMIN --> CURRENT THEME --> "Logo image URL: " [enter a url to your logo].

If the theme author did not leave the original coding, you will want to go to the support thread for that theme (there's a link within every theme on the SMF site) and try asking how to edit the logo area.
#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

Advertisement: