[TIP/TRICK] ForumTools Settings Manager

Started by NanoSector, December 19, 2010, 12:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

And SMF has hundreds of functions that may well be relevant to you, but I guess you're not interested in making use of what's already implemented, tested, debugged and will continue to ignore all that in favour of doing your own thing. Have fun.

NanoSector

Quote from: IncognitoMuse on December 26, 2010, 06:59:06 PM
And SMF has hundreds of functions that may well be relevant to you, but I guess you're not interested in making use of what's already implemented, tested, debugged and will continue to ignore all that in favour of doing your own thing. Have fun.
I am gonna use a few functions but I'll make most myself.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

NanoSector

Project renamed: ForumTools Settings Manager.
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

NanoSector

1.3 is about to get released.

- Now is in the FTSM.php format (ForumTools Settings Manager, instead of SMFTools Settings Manager)
- Cleaned up code
- Can now notify the administrator if an error has occured (if the administrator has enabled this feature, via mail)
- Now tries to recover the connection when the ['enable'] variable isn't true, nor false
- Fixed lots of code.
- Fixed GuestDB connection code (though it still needs applying in our actual DB)
- Redone error messages

(oh and wow I didn't know you could expand the Quick Reply textbox?)

I will release an upgrade package later tomorrow which will remove SMFTSM.php and extract & apply FTSM.php.

Manual edits: (No package needed)
Find (index.php):
require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/SMFTSM.php');

Replace (index.php):
require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/FTSM.php');

Then remove the SMFTSM.php from your forum and upload the FTSM.php (click to download) to your forum.

This release is tested & is comfirmed stable.

lucas-ruroken

Adk Portal 3.1 is coming....

Design your universe!

NanoSector

Quote from: lucas-ruroken on January 09, 2011, 01:46:59 AM
Thanks, I'm testing it
I'll release 1.3.2 later today in an install package so I will suggest waiting for that one ;)

- Now hides the PHP error when SMTP isn't correctly set up (it now shows a message in the FTSM error)
- Removed GuestDB feature; it wasn't able to connect anyway.
- Added "send_mail_from" and replaced "send_mail_address" with "send_mail_to", to ensure nothing can go wrong.
- Fixed a little bit of help layout.
- Fixed a tiny T_ELSEIF issue.

NanoSector

Quote from: Simple Series team on January 09, 2011, 08:58:31 AM
Quote from: lucas-ruroken on January 09, 2011, 01:46:59 AM
Thanks, I'm testing it
I'll release 1.3.2 later today in an install package so I will suggest waiting for that one ;)

- Now hides the PHP error when SMTP isn't correctly set up (it now shows a message in the FTSM error)
- Removed GuestDB feature; it wasn't able to connect anyway.
- Added "send_mail_from" and replaced "send_mail_address" with "send_mail_to", to ensure nothing can go wrong.
- Fixed a little bit of help layout.
- Fixed a tiny T_ELSEIF issue.
Yep it is done. Uploading to my site atm.

lucas-ruroken

really, I don't understando how it works.... I read the readme.txt and I made the modifications, But... I don't understand what it does..
Adk Portal 3.1 is coming....

Design your universe!

NanoSector

Quote from: lucas-ruroken on January 09, 2011, 02:22:28 PM
really, I don't understando how it works.... I read the readme.txt and I made the modifications, But... I don't understand what it does..
*sighs* that's the reason why nobody uses this...

I want it to be a new developing platform for SMF...

Advertisement: