News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

HELP NEEDED ASAP

Started by mattchewone, April 01, 2009, 05:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattchewone

Just installed portamx and i have been blocked out from my site completly. It come up after install you may need to refresh your browser after being redirected.

Now i cannot get login, logout go to admin or anything im completly stuck. Can you help please.

All i get is this - Unable to load the 'PortaMx/Mainindex' template.

Matt

spearfish

Hi,

(Just so you know... putting "ASAP" in your title doesn't actually get you help any faster :) .)

Did you make a backup before installing?  You may want to restore that.  I have no experience with PortaMx, but I can tell you that it's probably wise to run a search first, and read through the topic covering the bridging.

Also, have you tried accessing the forum directly by URL?  And are you sure you have all of the files you need for PortaMx... did you need some files in addition to whatever package you installed?

mattchewone

Thank you.

All i did was type in Portal in the search bar for modifications, saw that it was compatibly with 2.0RC1 and installed. Sorry to say that i didnt back up before hand nor did i read to see if i needed anything else files wise.

I cannot do anything on the forum not even login or logout - see for yourself www.ppforums.co.uk

C4G-TK

Well, there may be an easier way, but if not, you can go to the Package Parser and undo the edits that were done from the mod. 

-img removed-

spearfish

Whoa boy.  If you can't even get in, well that's bad.

Try looking for help here:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=266721.0

But prepare for a manual uninstall D: - or some other semi-drastic action.  How heavily modded was your board?

Tyrsson

You may get a faster answer by posting in the dedicated site for PortaMX which is located at:

http://portamx.com/
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

mattchewone

Quote from: C4G-TK on April 01, 2009, 06:08:57 PM
Well, there may be an easier way, but if not, you can go to the Package Parser and undo the edits that were done from the mod.

How can i do that?

Spearfish - I SSH'ed in last night to look for the package but i couldnt find it under packages. Im not sure whats happened.

Site wasnt all that heavily modded it was a litte screwed up actually. I might try and re-install the full 2.0RC1 again and re-direct the database and run the repairsettings.php hopefully that should fix it, shouldnt it?

Tyrsson

Save copies of your settings.php and settings_bak files and then remove all the portamx files and folder. Then use a large upgrade package and upgrade the forum to RC1.
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

Advertisement: