Cannot install new packages?

Started by MMassey, April 02, 2009, 01:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMassey

QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!

I seem to get this error when i try and install another package, it worked before and now it just doesn't.  Any suggestions?

B.SkiLLs

Try Chmod your packages folder to 777

if that doesnt work then it most likely is the glitch that has been happening with the package manager on 1.1.7 and 1.1.8

Search the forum and you will come up with a couple threads about it and see if any of those fix's work for you.

Here is one post i made about it a while back

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=286852.msg1995163#msg1995163

notice the 2nd post and the link in it, click that also and read and try it if this fdoesnt work for you.

Goodluck

VICKTORY THE UNDERDOG Documentary – Pitbulls the untold true story

This is a must read & watch. Then Buy your DVD today. You will not regret it. Totally AWESOME. Best i ever seen. --

MMassey

sadly my problem wasn't as bad as i thought, yes i had to delete my cookies.  I am embarrassed.

B.SkiLLs

OK No problem. :)

So if this is solved can you please click the solved link on bottom left of the posts at the very bottom. Thanks

VICKTORY THE UNDERDOG Documentary – Pitbulls the untold true story

This is a must read & watch. Then Buy your DVD today. You will not regret it. Totally AWESOME. Best i ever seen. --

Advertisement: