Adding Google Analytics to forum

Started by UpNorthMatt, April 02, 2009, 03:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UpNorthMatt

Hi,

I would like to add google analytics to my forum www.screenprinth2o.com [nofollow] but i'm not sure where I need to place the code for proper tracking. Can anyone help me out?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Take a look at this thread: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=282817.msg1856304#msg1856304
It explains pretty much everything :)

But basically you need to add it in the index.template.php of the theme, in the template_below area before </body>
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

KahneFan

The easiest way is to add the Global Headers and Footers mod to your site, then place the Google code in your footer.
#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

UpNorthMatt

Quote from: KahneFan on April 02, 2009, 03:16:13 PM
The easiest way is to add the Global Headers and Footers mod to your site, then place the Google code in your footer.

Thanks to both of you for the info! The global header/footer solution worked perfectly. Thanks a lot!

Yigal

Please choose the "Topic Solved" so other members don't have to waste time accessing this topic.
Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

do yourself a favour and not annoy support helpers by spamming or messaging for support
1.x Support | 2.x Support | 5Mods

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: UpNorthMatt on April 02, 2009, 09:33:02 PM
Thanks to both of you for the info! The global header/footer solution worked perfectly. Thanks a lot!
You're welcome, glad you got it sorted - I personally prefer not to install a mod just for analytics, but if that works for you, then good :)

Now, as mentioned - You probably can find a "Topic Solved" button somewhere at the bottom of this thread ;)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: