News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[Preview] MysticTopaz

Started by MMcGrad2, April 05, 2009, 08:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMcGrad2

I might rename it to MysticSapphire, this is based off of MysticJade.

Preview: www.z508.com

Antechinus

Cool, but please reinstate Bikken's copyright. All you've done is change a couple of images and a few css colours.

Do it something like this: MysticTopaz by MMcGrad2 | Based on MysticJade by DzinerStudio

MMcGrad2

Quote from: Antechinus on April 05, 2009, 08:07:43 PM
Cool, but please reinstate Bikken's copyright. All you've done is change a couple of images and a few css colours.

Do it something like this: MysticTopaz by MMcGrad2 | Based on MysticJade by DzinerStudio
Yeah, I got no problem with that.  I also changed some images because I can't have green with blue :o

DarkAngel612

cruising forum to see new or up coming themes...members like diversity not showing off like a certain gallery software accused me of..lol

I just wanted to say thanks for telling him that the way to copyright the "changed themes" is allowed. I have changed colors and images or backgrounds for some themes and thought that was not the right way to get credits done.

Afterall if it was not for the work the other person did I would not have been able to  fool around either.
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Antechinus

Well that's the way it is usually done, or you can just add "Modified by --------" or "Customised by --------" after the original copyright. Most themers are fairly laid back abut the trivia as long as they get fair credit and their linkback is intact.

Which reminds me, the OP still hasn't reinstated Bikken's copyright and is apparently still trying to claim the theme as his own. Ahem. Dude. Please. :P 

Advertisement: