We are SEVERELY messed up. Seeking "bids" (estimates) to solve our issues.

Started by RickJ, April 07, 2009, 09:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickJ

1. Here is our forum: http://forum.bib-arch.org/

2. Posters cannot markup the posts with underlining, italics, link, etc. ...and the subject line field is not below the posting window for new posts.

3. We are, as you will see, using a custom theme that was done by a 3rd party contractor.

In my opinion, we should get back to a "basic" theme...but I have no clue how to do that.  We will be happy to nix the extra scripts that you will see in this custom theme.

We would like someone to help us fix our problems.

We are a non-profit organization so do not have "unlimited funds" but if any of you can give us an estimate, we would certainly appreciate it.

We will prefer an SMF admin or support person to help us, so if that's the case - and you'd prefer to not give your bid here, please PM me or email me directly at rickj8 AT gmail.com

Thank you :)

Rick.
Rick.

(I do search before asking, so please pardon me if I missed something :) )

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Hi,

If you are looking for paid help, the Help Wanted (not for support) -board would be the place to look for it,
but I bet you could get some decent assistance here for free as well ;)

One thing I'd like to see, is a more detailed description of what exactly happens if one tries to use italics, links etc. or is the problem perhaps that there is no option to do so even?

A screenshot of both problems might be good, or a test account with normal user permissions (as in no extra privilages assigned).
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Antechinus

Yep, a test account would help because the functions you are talking about are not accessible to guests. It may be possible to fix things fairly easily, but it's a bit hard to tell without access.

Advertisement: