News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Flash Chat Integration Issue

Started by jmassimo, April 07, 2009, 05:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmassimo

I am trying to integrate flash chat and everything seems to work ok with the ap but when I integrated it and clicked on the "chat" button I got this message:

Unable to load the 'chat_forum' template.

I retraced my steps to try and manually change my theme (Darkbreak) as described with the mod, but the theme I am using has no boardindex.template.php to modify.

Please help me get this integrated, I took the shoutbox down in favor of this and now my board members are bugging me all day long.

Thanks again.

Simplemachines Cowboy

If your theme has no board index, then the edits need to be made to the default theme board index file.
Custom themes will fall back and use files from the default theme if that particular file is not used by the custom theme.
My SMF forum: The Open Range

jmassimo

When I switch to the default theme, the changes are already made in template but when I switch the forum over to the default theme, the same message appears. Any ideas? I am happy to provide you access or whatever you need.

jmassimo

Tyrsson

Which version of the mod are you using? Which version of flashchat are you using?
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

jmassimo

Flash Chat Version 4.7.12

SMFFlashChat Mod 2.0

Let me know if you need anything else. Thank you so much.

Tyrsson

You will need to update the flashchat files themselves by following the link I provided in the documentation for the mod. Once the chat files are updated with the new version then you can run the install for the 2.0 version of the mod.

Also, what is the process you are using to try to install the flashchat? Are you following the directions for integration with SMF?

jmassimo

I followed your directions to the letter and I also updated the files just like you instructed. Please let me know if you need any more info.

Tyrsson

Quote from: jmassimo on April 09, 2009, 11:38:12 PM
I followed your directions to the letter and I also updated the files just like you instructed. Please let me know if you need any more info.
I sent you a PM.

Advertisement: