News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

How to make a backup

Started by Word Life, April 08, 2009, 10:53:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Word Life

I have never, ever done this. But, I decided that, well, I guess I should, cause if something were to happen to my forums, I'd have to re-upload the whole thing. and I don't want to do that. So can you please tell me how to make a backup on SMF 2.0 RC1?
Some people say no, some people say yes, I thought if this in like 5 seconds so say yes. :D

KahneFan

You can make a backup of your database in your admin panel under "Forum Maintenance" and then "Backup Database". As for the rest of your site, if you have FTP access, you can make a local copy of your entire site by pulling a copy of it to your computer.
#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

Word Life

Okay, thanks! Marking as solved.
Some people say no, some people say yes, I thought if this in like 5 seconds so say yes. :D

KahneFan

You want to backup your DB often, but the FTP version only needs to be backed up when you make changes to the site.
#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

Word Life

Okay, I click the "Download" button for the Backup. So I know how to backup. When something goes wrong with my forums, how do I use my backup to bring it back?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: