Database/Table restore

Started by helpdivya, April 09, 2009, 03:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

helpdivya

Today I don't what happened but there seem to be some problem with my database. So  i restored from my old working backup and things looks fine.But as it is a week old database there are some posts missiing in it.

Now I have the orginal database that I restored on mysql. Now I am to post all the missing post from mysql database to the forum again. How do i do that?

Which table does all the post gets restored? Please suggest the best way to resotore my missing my posts. I cannot restore full database as it seems to be some corruption with.

Any pointers and suggestion will be helpful.

Antechinus

I'm not sure what you're saying. You restored a one week old backup but you want to restore more recent content?
Are you saying the most recent backup is corrupted?

If you want to restore part of the more recent backup you will need to make sure the relevant tables aren't corrupted. You will need several tables to do the job properly.

_log_polls

_log_topics

_messages

_poll_choices

_polls

_topics

If you need to update the memberlist you will also need the members table.

helpdivya

Yes you are right. I need to restore the most recent data.

I know that post didn't had any polls in it so do you think I need to restore the polls tables that you mention above.

Also regarding members who registered, what all others tables do I need to restore. Basically what tables are updated when a member regsiter on the forum?

Antechinus

Just the members table I think. I'd have to check again. If there haven't been any polls you wouldn't need to update the polls tables. You will need to make sure the tables you do want to import aren't corrupted though. I'd suggest trying this on a test site before you do it on your live site.

helpdivya

Yes pls check and let me know what tables gets updated when users register to forum.

Thanks

Antechinus

It's just the members table.

What form is the backup you want to extract tables from? Is it a complete backup (including table structure) or is it just the data?

helpdivya

It is just the data. BTW what is the difference betweent the two?

helpdivya

Quote from: Antechinus on April 09, 2009, 04:43:05 PM
It's just the members table.

What form is the backup you want to extract tables from? Is it a complete backup (including table structure) or is it just the data?

You said only members table get update. Could you please check this thread it says something more http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=303441.msg2006883#msg2006883

Antechinus

Better copy the settings table too then, although if you don't they will just be assigned default settings. The themes one doesn't matter because they will be assigned the site default anyway, but you can copy that one too if you like.

Quote from: helpdivya on April 10, 2009, 05:44:41 AM
It is just the data. BTW what is the difference between the two?
Well if it's just data it wont contain the setup code for table structure. That's important if you are going to replace the existing table with the one from your other backup. If you just want to insert additional data to an existing table then you don't need the code for structure, but then you have to make sure you don't have any duplicate entries or you'll get errors.

Advertisement: