News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

How to change the "new post & no new post icon"

Started by mtvhitz, April 11, 2009, 09:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtvhitz

how can i change the new post and not new post icon to mine own and still make it work like nothing ver happened

my site

www.habforms.com

also if you will mind give me advice on wat i should do or remove to make my site better and faster
www.habforms.com

ty ~kwame

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

In Themes/smfbw20rc1/images/
Replace off.gif and on.gif with images you 'd like to use ;)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Oh, and to answer your second question - to me your site seems fast already, so are you having some speed issues yourself?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

mtvhitz

ok but where do i edit the html to let it point to that email for example if u puting ur logo u uplaod it than go to css to change the name to ur logo

so where is the off.gif and on.gif located to edit

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

You don't need to edit anything, you can just change the images :) Use the same names, and that's it.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

retis

themes/default/on.gif
themes/default/off.gif

They are the files for the new posts no new posts.

There is also new_some.gif and new_none.gif for the legend ones (obviously they need to match and be smaller)

there is also on2.gif which is the one when there is new child posts.

There is also Themes/default/images/english/new.gif which is the one next to the topic once your in the board.

Look at the sizes of the images and create new images with the correct sizes and filenames then upload them to the relevant folders on your FTP, no ciding neccessary if done like this.

Also when i went onto your site on the main page ont he right hand side the boxes are hanging off the edge of the main background.

mtvhitz

so remove off.gif and on.gif and upload my own images with the name off.gif and on.gif?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: mtvhitz on April 11, 2009, 10:03:03 AM
so remove off.gif and on.gif and upload my own images with the name off.gif and on.gif?
Exactly :)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

mtvhitz

retis

yeah, my instructions where slightly different, didnt realise you were using 2.0. But it's essentially the same, find the image locations and replace them. If you using firefox right click any image you wish to change, and click properties to easily gain the info about it you require.

mtvhitz

lexarma can u be specific on where the icon is located cuz ic ant find it

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

mtvhitz

kk i got it working but under the forum

it says "new post: and got the old icon

and no new post: and got the old icon

visit www.habforms.com go to forum section and scroll down and u'll see wat i mean

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Where exactly - could you link directly to the page with them...
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

mtvhitz

how can i change my theme background color and upload my own background????

Advertisement: