News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

x-IPB module for xoops to smf possible?

Started by Digital Frostbyte, March 14, 2005, 05:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digital Frostbyte

I have been kicking myself for the last 5 hours trying to get this workign but i can't for the life of me get the converter to convert the database. I really want to get rid of IPB totaly. but since this is a special module to intigrate ipb into xoops it's giving me a hard time. I love SMF an i really want to use it but unless i can get my user info converted it's going to be pretty well pointless. any ideas on how i coudl go about doing this?

Oldiesmann

If you can provide a database dump, I'm sure someone can help you out.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Digital Frostbyte

I'm kinda new to all this plus it's been a really long day so if you need more than this please let me know what you need an i would be more than happy to provide it for you to get this working.

http://digital-frostbyte.com/dbdump.rar [nofollow]

Digital Frostbyte

ANy ideas from anyone at this point would be great. I really don't want to have to start over  with my member base an posts but if that's going ot be the only way i can use SMF then i huess i will have to do it that way :(

Oldiesmann

I will look at it in a bit and see what I can do for you.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Digital Frostbyte

toohow

Hi. I'm just wondering, did this thread got solved? I have the same problem. The converter cannot convert my X-IPBM 1.31 Final to SMF. Someone help...

Oldiesmann

I forgot all about this thread, so I guess I never looked into it... If you can give me some more information about what happens when you try to convert, I'll see if I can fix the problem for you (and this time I won't forget :))
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

toohow

Hi Oldiesmann,

at the moment i just got a script that can convert from X-IPB back to IPB Original..then i'll use the SMF converter.. but the version number is a bit different, i'll try to hack it to make it work somehow... i'll post my progress here, thanks for your reply though.

toohow

ok. i officially need your help now. i nearly wiped my data - luckily i had a backup.

pls let me know what can i do so someone can help me. do a db dump? how do i do that? is that exporting the db? if it is, structure only or with the data as well?

Oldiesmann

Just now saw this topic or I would have replied sooner...

What version of IPB are you trying to convert? What happens when you try the SMF converter?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

toohow

okay. this is the footer of my site.
---------------
Integrated by Koudanshi v1.4G © 2004 Bulletin Board Module.