News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Buy Me A Drink

Started by Keith Tysinger, April 17, 2009, 09:11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xavi-Nena

actually i need to manually edit display.template.php, sources/load.php and sources/modsettings.php

i used the 1.0 package download parse instructions for these files because the 1.1 was not working to parse but im guessing that is why my issues lies because i can see the buy a drink admin area but when i check the box and edit the settings and click save it redirects me to the main admin features and config page and it does not stay checked, i do not see any option in my members avatar info area of each post nor is there any info on the profile page to edit the email and such. :)

i cannot wait to get this mod working, i think its a great mod....now i just need to figure it out to use it :)

added: i should add that i am using the ultimate profile mod, if that makes a difference.

Keith Tysinger

Email those files to me and I will check them out / edit them for the mod.

[email protected]

I corrected the parser error, but v 1.0 should be exactly the same, except for a very small missing quote (") in the file.

Quote from: NenaGb on May 17, 2009, 10:14:05 PM
actually i need to manually edit display.template.php, sources/load.php and sources/modsettings.php

i used the 1.0 package download parse instructions for these files because the 1.1 was not working to parse but im guessing that is why my issues lies because i can see the buy a drink admin area but when i check the box and edit the settings and click save it redirects me to the main admin features and config page and it does not stay checked, i do not see any option in my members avatar info area of each post nor is there any info on the profile page to edit the email and such. :)

i cannot wait to get this mod working, i think its a great mod....now i just need to figure it out to use it :)

added: i should add that i am using the ultimate profile mod, if that makes a difference.
Contact me for all of your website design needs.

Xavi-Nena

I am very pleased to report my stubbornness paid off yet again. I found I had put the
                 'BuyMe' => 'ModifyBuyMeSettings',

in the wrong place :) now all is working, thank you for all the help!

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: Keith Tysinger on May 11, 2009, 01:36:12 PM

There should be TWO identical lines (blocks of code) like the one above. Remove one of them and you will be all set. Just be sure to remove the whole block from if ... }

Otherwise email me the Display.template.php file and I will edit it for you and email it back to you.

Got it, fixed, thanks
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Quote from: Keith Tysinger on May 13, 2009, 07:51:15 PM
Oh no. That is embarrassing. I will correct that.

It's in the $languagedir/index.english.php file

$txt['buy_reccomended']='The recommended price is';

You can edit that file or correct it in the admin panel-> language files in SMF 2.0.

I might just add there are 2 lines need edting on this, that edit is needed twice...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

GazOutEast

Has anyone tested this on RC1-1 yet?
I have 20:20 vision - I can see anything bigger than 20" x 20"

Keith Tysinger

Yes. It works fine with RC1-1.

Quote from: GazOutEast on May 26, 2009, 03:42:16 AM
Has anyone tested this on RC1-1 yet?

Morp

Can anyone make this work with 1.1.9?

Problems... I had a major problem installing a mod here about a month ago, and I made a big mistake in trying to correct it by going to 2.0 RC1-1, couldn't get ANY mods to work in that version, so decided to go back to 1.1.9... after a lot of cussing and work, finally have everything back to normal except this mod, the package manager gets major errors when I click "Apply "... I really liked this mod, please give me some advice on how to proceed with getting it re-installed... I really hate doing manual installs, but if necessary...

Here's a list of the mods I have...

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Xavi-Nena

Quote from: Keith Tysinger on July 04, 2009, 01:21:41 AM
I'm sorry man, but this mod has never worked with 1.1.9. There are lots of differences in the two and too much work to make a 1.1.9 version.

Sorry!

Would this cause errors galore once i updated to 1.1.9?

I am missing ./Sources/Profile-Modify.php and ./Sources/ManageSettings.php and had to manuall uninstall it from everywhere else because it gave me over 58k pages of errors. Yes that is 58,000 pages of errors.

Keith Tysinger

Actually the mod may work with 1.1.9. I have never tested it. If the install doesn't give you any errors, it's a go.

QuoteI am missing ./Sources/Profile-Modify.php and ./Sources/ManageSettings.php and had to manuall uninstall it from everywhere else because it gave me over 58k pages of errors. Yes that is 58,000 pages of errors.

What do you mean you are missing these files? They are included in smf, not the mod.

ElectricSquid

What a great idea.
I was about to install the "Buy Me A Beer" mod and then I found this.

I would like to do a little customization to it though.
What I would like is to have the ability to use a few of the icons all at once in their own row.
Each item having their own price.

Coffee - $1
  Beer - $2
  Wine - $3
A Shot - $4
  Cigar - $5

How hard do you think this would be to do?

ElectricSquid

Forget my last post, I found an easy way to do it using Karl Bensons "Buy Me A Beer" mod.
When I tried to install this mod, I had Test Failed on each file it was going to modify, LOL :P
My forum is very modified with a lot of custom coding, so it's no surprise this happened.

The "Buy Me A Beer" mod, on the other hand, is very light compared to this one, and installed without issue on SMF 1.1.10. Changing the price is hardcoded, but for me, that was not an issue.

It was also very easy to customize it to allow multiple icons with different prices.
For my forum, it fits right in very well that way.

ElectricSquid

Quote from: Keith Tysinger on August 14, 2009, 09:25:30 PM
Actually the mod may work with 1.1.9. I have never tested it. If the install doesn't give you any errors, it's a go.

QuoteI am missing ./Sources/Profile-Modify.php and ./Sources/ManageSettings.php and had to manuall uninstall it from everywhere else because it gave me over 58k pages of errors. Yes that is 58,000 pages of errors.

What do you mean you are missing these files? They are included in smf, not the mod.

I had the same problem.
SMF 1.1.10
Those files do not exist in that SMF version.

After an all-night session, a little cussing, and much trial & error, I have this module functioning properly on...

--= SMF 2.0 RC2  8) =--

Man, you've no idea how eagerly I've been awaiting SMF 2.0 to go final, I love the concept of this module and although I haven't been able to follow all the way through in testing for errors in PayPal functionality (I only have one PayPal account and don't really have much inclination to learn about "sandboxing" it) I'll just keep it in the development site for a while, maybe somebody will help me test that part of it later.

After all is said and done, I'll attempt to explain exactly what needs doing in the fewest steps possible to get this bad boy up and running on 2.0 RC2, and hopefully the author will be watching this thread closely and make the necessary adjustments to the install package...

First, as the install package is now, the only error you get on "test" install is ./Themes/default/Display.template.php, the 2.0 RC2 version has an extra section very near where the  BuyMeADrink installer currently looks to make its edit, the attached Display.template.php file shows you exactly where to put the edit...

Secondly, there is another flaw in the installer which will not be apparent until you actually try to modify your profile to enable "BuyMe" functionality, you'll get a database error, to remedy the situation download the attached install20.php file and upload to the root SMF 2.0 RC2 directory and execute it by accessing the page directly with your web browser, this file has the necessary code changes and should work fine for any install using MySQL...

Like I said it took me all night to figure out but you don't have to go thru that here if you pay heed to these two simple steps, and btw it should go smoother if you execute/upload both of these edits BEFORE you go beyond the "test" install using the SMF package manager, if you mess it up and have to start over it's a major pain to clean up a previous attempt at using the package manager unsuccessfully... just do the two steps described above first, then go ahead and use the package manager to execute the other edits & extractions from the zip file and it should be a successful install although it says the Display.template.php file has errors...

Oh yes, you can see the results of my night's work on my test site here:
eMarketing Exchange (development site)

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Quote from: bperry921 on October 14, 2009, 02:53:26 PM
After an all-night session, a little cussing, and much trial & error, I have this module functioning properly on...

--= SMF 2.0 RC2  8) =--

Man, you've no idea how eagerly I've been awaiting SMF 2.0 to go final, I love the concept of this module and although I haven't been able to follow all the way through in testing for errors in PayPal functionality (I only have one PayPal account and don't really have much inclination to learn about "sandboxing" it) I'll just keep it in the development site for a while, maybe somebody will help me test that part of it later.

After all is said and done, I'll attempt to explain exactly what needs doing in the fewest steps possible to get this bad boy up and running on 2.0 RC2, and hopefully the author will be watching this thread closely and make the necessary adjustments to the install package...

First, as the install package is now, the only error you get on "test" install is ./Themes/default/Display.template.php, the 2.0 RC2 version has an extra section very near where the  BuyMeADrink installer currently looks to make its edit, the attached Display.template.php file shows you exactly where to put the edit...

Secondly, there is another flaw in the installer which will not be apparent until you actually try to modify your profile to enable "BuyMe" functionality, you'll get a database error, to remedy the situation download the attached install20.php file and upload to the root SMF 2.0 RC2 directory and execute it by accessing the page directly with your web browser, this file has the necessary code changes and should work fine for any install using MySQL...

Like I said it took me all night to figure out but you don't have to go thru that here if you pay heed to these two simple steps, and btw it should go smoother if you execute/upload both of these edits BEFORE you go beyond the "test" install using the SMF package manager, if you mess it up and have to start over it's a major pain to clean up a previous attempt at using the package manager unsuccessfully... just do the two steps described above first, then go ahead and use the package manager to execute the other edits & extractions from the zip file and it should be a successful install although it says the Display.template.php file has errors...

Oh yes, you can see the results of my night's work on my test site here:
eMarketing Exchange (development site)

Update.... the above scenario works great for the Charter release of SMF 2.0 RC2, now I need some assistance with the public release of 2.0 RC2... I put the edit described in the SMF support site instructions into the public version of Display.template.php and it causes a template parse error on line 636. Not sure but I think there is a missing quote or something... I've tried several times but I'm just not PHP savvy enough to correct the problem... help... I know already that it operates great on 2.0 RC2, just this one little bug to squash
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Help? Read previous message.
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Quote from: bperry921 on November 17, 2009, 06:57:40 PM

Update.... the above scenario works great for the Charter release of SMF 2.0 RC2, now I need some assistance with the public release of 2.0 RC2... I put the edit described in the SMF support site instructions into the public version of Display.template.php and it causes a template parse error on line 636. Not sure but I think there is a missing quote or something... I've tried several times but I'm just not PHP savvy enough to correct the problem... help... I know already that it operates great on 2.0 RC2, just this one little bug to squash

Would really like to get my problem squared away BEFORE SMF 2.0 goes final, sigh

You awake Keith? It's got to be a simple syntax error because I can upload the modified Display.template.php I used from the Charter version and all is fine with this mod but problems elsewhere in the system because it's not the Public release of Display.template.php, need some advice on what to look for in the edit your mod is attempting to write.

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Quote from: bperry921 on November 24, 2009, 03:47:21 PM

Would really like to get my problem squared away BEFORE SMF 2.0 goes final, sigh

You awake Keith? It's got to be a simple syntax error because I can upload the modified Display.template.php I used from the Charter version and all is fine with this mod but problems elsewhere in the system because it's not the Public release of Display.template.php, need some advice on what to look for in the edit your mod is attempting to write.

Update... got it fixed, seems there is no bug... All I did was un-install ALL mods, re-upload a fresh copy of Display.template.php... then re-install the mods again making sure to have latest version of each one... seems to have worked... having a few error messages in the log but NOT from this mod, it seems aok so far...

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Would like to see the icon on Profile Summary as well as posts, but judging from the response to previous posts about this mod, the author isn't inclined to respond to this either, sigh...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Advertisement: