Buy Me A Drink

Started by Keith Tysinger, April 17, 2009, 09:11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

And then don't forget Admin > Maintenance > Routine > Empty the file cache

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: Keith Tysinger on March 17, 2010, 04:33:04 PM
Bob, I can only guess that the errors are related. I think fixing the language files should do the trick.

When you did the manual install,  did you add the language code to the right language file? It sounds like you added it to the admin lang files. I will check when I get home tonight. I can't remember how many different language files were modded. Should be an easy fix.

Clearing the cache didn't help, I checked the index.english.php file, the code was added properly...

When I did the manual install, I only edited the files that failed the test install, the rest were done by the package manager because they tested clean...

Sheesh, am I going to have to check every single file to make the edits took?
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Keith Tysinger

Nope, it's that english.index.php file.

I betcha you edited the wrong one. Are you looking in \smf\Themes\default\languages

I can't figure out what else it may be...
Contact me for all of your website design needs.

Quote from: Keith Tysinger on March 18, 2010, 01:35:18 AM
Nope, it's that english.index.php file.

I betcha you edited the wrong one. Are you looking in \smf\Themes\default\languages

I can't figure out what else it may be...

Dude... I'm no rank amateur, there is no such critter as smf/Themes/default/languages/english.index.php
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Arantor

No, but it might be called index.english.php, or index.english-utf8.php.

Quote from: Arantor on March 18, 2010, 02:35:33 PM
No, but it might be called index.english.php, or index.english-utf8.php.

Yes, in fact it is index.english.php and I already told him the file edits that were to be made to it are intact, they are there, BUT I thank you for your input because I keep forgetting about the utf8 files, I'm going to check that in sec, thanks
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Arantor

Spacing on the = should make no difference for SMF parsing, except maybe in the language editor.

* Arantor suspects index.english-utf8.php doesn't have them...

Keith Tysinger

You are right! The language editor was out-of-whack but the mod worked fine. I updated the mod anyway.

I bet you are right about the utf8 file. Do I need to add the language to this file also? I don't even have that file in my installation of SMF.

Quote from: Arantor on March 18, 2010, 08:44:03 PM
Spacing on the = should make no difference for SMF parsing, except maybe in the language editor.

* Arantor suspects index.english-utf8.php doesn't have them...

Arantor

It's always a good idea to add english-utf8 even if you don't have it. All you do is build the changes exactly the same way, but in the <file name="......english-utf8.php"> add an extra attribute, error="skip".

So:
<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.english-utf8.php" error="skip">

SMF will then skip the file if it doesn't exist, or if there was some other edit, it's handy for support random themes, for example.

Ok guys, looks like I'm back to normal now, what a night, good thing I'm off work today...

Now, let me make a request or three...

Back before SMF 2.0 RC3, Wayne from SA Mod Development and I had the BuyMe icon functioning in several other places besides just in a posting, more specifically, it was in Profile Summary, Who's Online screen, PM's, and I think the member listing too...

Any chance of adding these while you are messing with the language files?
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Keith Tysinger

So what was wrong bperry? I will see about those changes later tonight. Those changes would be good.

Quote from: bperry921 on March 19, 2010, 08:37:44 AM
Ok guys, looks like I'm back to normal now, what a night, good thing I'm off work today...

Now, let me make a request or three...

Back before SMF 2.0 RC3, Wayne from SA Mod Development and I had the BuyMe icon functioning in several other places besides just in a posting, more specifically, it was in Profile Summary, Who's Online screen, PM's, and I think the member listing too...

Any chance of adding these while you are messing with the language files?

Quote from: Keith Tysinger on March 19, 2010, 12:01:24 PM
So what was wrong bperry? I will see about those changes later tonight. Those changes would be good.

Not absolutely positive, but I'm pretty sure it was the utf8 file
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Keith Tysinger

I added the drink icons in the PM, member list, and the profile page. Will post update in a few days.

Quote from: bperry921 on March 19, 2010, 02:01:37 PM

Quote from: Keith Tysinger on March 20, 2010, 01:05:11 AM
I added the drink icons in the PM, member list, and the profile page. Will post update in a few days.

Quote from: bperry921 on March 19, 2010, 02:01:37 PM

Cool beans man, please include the "Who's Online" screen if there's time?
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Keith Tysinger

Bob I sent you a PM with the edits you need for the upgrade since you are doing manual installs. I may do the Who's online later. I'm a little burned out at the moment. Programming will wear you out. I have a few more features like adding permissions and error checking the paypal email address. Too many are leaving that field blank and it is required. Any more suggestion, let me hear 'em. I'll get to them.

I'm pretty pleased with what I have so far. You can see it at madcoder.biz/forum

Quote from: Keith Tysinger on March 20, 2010, 06:07:05 AM
Bob I sent you a PM with the edits you need for the upgrade since you are doing manual installs. I may do the Who's online later. I'm a little burned out at the moment. Programming will wear you out. I have a few more features like adding permissions and error checking the paypal email address. Too many are leaving that field blank and it is required. Any more suggestion, let me hear 'em. I'll get to them.

I'm pretty pleased with what I have so far. You can see it at madcoder.biz/forum

Have had the update installed for several hours now, so far so good, no errors in the log, GREAT JOB dude, take your time I'm an old hand at programming and can attest that it does indeed wear on you at times... I may be able to figure out how to add to "Who's Online" myself eventually, should be pretty simple already did it before, should be almost the same edit
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Bruno36

Hello!

How to change the currency in euros?
Bruno36 the French
SMF 2.0.9

Keith Tysinger

Edit the language file.

languagedir/Modifications.english.php

Change this one especially:

$txt['buy_money'] = '$';

remember to keep the beginning and ending quotes at the end; only change what is between the quotes.

Bruno36

My problem is sending a paypal error

QuoteCe destinataire n'accepte pas les paiements libellés en USD. Veuillez contacter le vendeur et lui demander de modifier ses préférences de réception de paiements de telle sorte que cette devise soit acceptée

QuoteThis recipient does not accept payments denominated in USD. Please contact the seller and ask them to change their preferences for receiving payments so that the currency is accepted
Bruno36 the French
SMF 2.0.9

Arantor

See: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=369818.msg2534084#msg2534084 for more information.

But instead of using GBP as the currency code, use EUR.

Advertisement: