News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Not registering? Not logging in?

Started by phpMyTony, April 21, 2009, 11:00:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phpMyTony

I have my own little forum creating service at www.3smf.com
Somebody requested a forum to be created, and I installed it via Fantastico. Before  you say anything about Fantastico, I know it's not good to use blah blah, but please listen.
I created the forum ,which can be found here: http://www.3smf.com/colmoreband/index.php

A few days before, I created another one, found here: http://www.3smf.com/ikorp
I could log in perfectly on /ikorp before, but now it won't let me. It says "Please fill in a username."
On the new forum I just created, I get the same thing, even when I put in correct details! Also, the registering does not work. I go through the process, then it goes back to the homepage of the forum, but the account is not registered.
/ikorp is 1.1.8, as I have only just updated it.
/colmoreband is 1.1.7 as I haven't updated yet, as I cannot log in.

Anyway, I hope I can get this resolved. (By the way, I can log in to my support forum perfectly!)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Strange... Tried in /ikorp and noticed it does the same, regardless of what I put in to the username box...
And I tried with all 3 available logins... ( 2 on Index, and 1 in action=login )

Have you changed something in them just before this happened?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

phpMyTony

Nope, haven't touched anything at all. The strange thing is, my support forum was also installed via fantastico. :S

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Could there be something obviously different between your support forum and these others?
An advert, a statistics script, something? I'm pretty much guessing, I give you that - but this was the first thing that came to mind...
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

phpMyTony

Hmm... I don't think so - they both have the same adverts on it. Nothing else :S

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

If they are _exactly_ the same... Why not try if copying your working forum's files over to one that doesn't work correctly would fix it?
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

phpMyTony

I don't really want to do that, as I do not want to be doing this for each forum I create. =[

Marcus Forsberg

Have you tried installing manually instead of using fantastico?

phpMyTony

As I said Nas, I am installing them via Fantastico De Luxe. This is because of my download limit, and I cannot afford to keep uploading files for each forum.

EDIT: I've only done 3 installations so far, not including the support forum, and I didn't have any problems with the first two.

Marcus Forsberg

Can't you upload a zip file and then extract it once uploaded? I'vde done that many times. :)

* Nas remembers the first time he uploaded SMF to his site. He uploaded the files one by one.

phpMyTony

How would I extract it once it's uploaded?

EDIT: Nevermind, I wouldn't want to anyway. I want to do it this way. Maybe this is happening due to the mysql changes? Or something lol?

Marcus Forsberg

Depends on your FTP client and if your host uses cPanel.

phpMyTony

I do use cPanel. Read my edit please =]

Marcus Forsberg

Have you installed any other forum since this occured?

phpMyTony

Nope. I deleted the forum (the band one) and reinstalled, but still had same error.

Marcus Forsberg

I still believe that you should try without fantastico and see what happens.

phpMyTony

Yes, but I would gain nothing from it, as I am trying to figure out what is wrong with the current installations using Fantastico.

risu

I registered for these forums because I am experiencing the same issue.  It started about 2 hours ago and I haven't been able to access my board.  When I try to post, it blanks everything out and throws errors.  So I tried logging out and now I can't log back in.  I tried creating a new account, and it errors on me as well.  There have been no posts since this started so I assume it's not an account issue.

One thing I know, my board is out of date.  It's version 1.1.7 (I know, really old).  Was there something rolled out by SMF to make the older versions no longer function?

phpMyTony

Did you create that forum with fantastico? And no, they woudlnt make it so it wont function.

Tyrsson

QuoteWas there something rolled out by SMF to make the older versions no longer function?

No

@risu

What are the exact errors you are getting?
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

Advertisement: