News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Signature Mystery ...

Started by ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ, April 21, 2009, 11:14:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

SMF 2.0 RC1
Steelv 2 theme (for Beta 4, author said it should work fine on RC1)

ok, so I have had many problems with signatures since upgrading to RC1 from Beta 4.

1 edited posts, signatures would be off the right side of the forum completly, how ever that was fixed. ( could have contributed to other problems though ??? )

2nd. Signatures will be placed too low and leave a bunch of empty space below the last part of post and where signature is. Also I have made a fix for this, but with these two fixes, I have a problem.

It would seem that randomly selected signatures are aligned all the way to the left, right to the edge, for no apparent reason, I have even made a test thread trying to replicate the issue and Have replicated it but that does not prove anything as another post similar to that one (eg. plain text only) is causing the issue and one is not.. very strange..

If anybody would like a user name and pass to see one will be readly available

thanks in advanced

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

H

Does the problem occur with the default theme? If not, this is certainly a theme issue and you'll need to work with the theme author to fix any problems
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

yea, im currently working on the issue with the author

the problem does not occur with the default theme, I will leave this as unsolved just incase somebody has any suggestions to speed up the process :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

H

There are quite a few template changes between RC1 and RC2 as we overhaul some of the code behind our templates. Does the custom theme have its own Display.template.php?
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

anshar

Hi there, I have a smiliar problem. Upgraded from Beta 4 to RC1 and some signatures arent aligned to the bottom of post frame but sticking right below the last post sentece.

I'm using default template.

Tyrsson

If you are using the default theme you may want to make sure all theme files were updated.
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

onepiece

Signature being displayed just after the post text, and not the very bottom of the post are is an intended behavior I guess. See it here too:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=305932.0;theme=1

Though, I too agree that it looks better at the very bottom. Also, it's pity that it no longer is smalltext.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

This one is solved, i took a look in forum.css file and found the moderatorbar class, added clear: right; to the class (used to be clear: both;) also added that to the signature class in style.css, all issues are fixed now

SOLVED!!

SMF 2.0 RC5

Advertisement: