Quote from: mjblack on May 31, 2011, 07:20:27 AM
OK....was being very thick.....

I didnt put the full database name in :-[  :-[

ok got past that....

now we have anew error:

Unssucessful :....

Caused the error:

Duplicate entry '62' for key 1

If I recall correctly a friend in a related field was having a similar issue. I will send him an e-mail and see if maybe he knows anything about a fix.

Tinny77

Sorry to bump such an old topic, but the problem I got is related to this one...
Tried the converter but I always get duplicated Primary errors.
Tried an insert ignore but 3 messages out of four were missing.
Anyone wnows how to fix this problem?
Tried toset primary to auto increment, tried to edit it tomanother number after it has been inserted... No luck... I wanna move from Agora and I can't

emanuele

Don't know if it works in your case, but what I notice is that from time to time reduce the number of "items" converted in one step helps.
For example if you open the agora_to_admf.sql file you can find this line:
---* {$to_prefix}messages 200
that means that at each rount the converter will take 200 messages and convert all of them and the insert the result into the SMF database, try with a lower number, for example:
---* {$to_prefix}messages 50
doing this will result into a slower conversion process, but at least should avoid/reduce similar issues...unless I'm completely wrong and in my case it was just a case... ;)

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

phimubok

I tried the converter and after playing around until it finally started converting my SMF forum was still empty!

it brought absolutely nothing across... the paths were correct... however starting the converter came up with an error message that the database was not specified...so what i did was to write

USE 'databasename' 

into the *.sql file I also replaced the {from_prefix} and {to_prefix} within the SQL file to the correct jos_ and smf_ prefixes my tables were using ... the problem was that for some reason the script couldnt get iot out of the config file(s) ...

anyway .. both tables agora and smf are in the same database... so ... finaly i could move to the next step and it said successful and printed for some weird reason the whole *sql file
and then the good luck message...

checked the smf forum = empty .... any help???

emanuele

Try logging in as admin and go to admin > maintenance > routine.
There run the "fix and repair errors" and "recount all statistics".

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

dbrooke

Quote from: shprota on April 25, 2009, 10:29:04 PM
I just have modified the FireBoard converter to convert my Agora forum to SMF.
It works for Agora 2.x and 3.x as it appears. However it lacks some features like transfering avatars. I didn't need that, so no code for it.
All instructions from the Fireboard converter apply as well as the patch to allow SMF use Joomla-generated password hashes.

I have rewrote this version of the converter to work with newer versions of PHP (using MySQLi...). Ping this thread if it is needed.

dbrooke

here it is.. agora (3) to SMF 1.20x.

Read the README.

Donovan

Advertisement: