News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Rules On Post V1

Started by vbgamer45, April 23, 2009, 11:00:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siirist

We are calling this SOLVED.

We upgraded again so we will go slower this time and install themes and mods one per day.

Hello,

Installed this 2 days ago on SMF ver 2.0RC3 without a problem.
Now want to un-install all mods (including this one) and themes due to problems on forum. :-[

Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently.

2.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/ManageSettings.php     Test failed
1.     Replace                          ./Sources/ManageSettings.php    Test failed

Solution?

Thanks in advance.

Be Well,
Cloud 8)
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

luuuciano

Quote from: FragaCampos on June 23, 2009, 08:13:39 PM
Quote from: njtat2dguy on May 03, 2009, 11:05:04 PM
Would there be a way to make this so it only shows up for selected forum categories?

I have all my new members going into a selected forum when they first register, I'd love to make the rules show up there and no where else on my site. Could that be possible?

I second that. This would be extremely useful. Is it possible?

+1 to this feature request...

for example, I want to show it in sections where we need a "right way to post"... and the other sections have more flexibility
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Siirist

Well,

I know that this is  (COMPATIBLE 2.0RC2), however, the PARSE did function for 2.0 RC3.

So I made all the necessary changes MANUALLY. When I attempted to login, I got a parse error that stated that line 1994 was wrong.
Here is line 1994:

array('check', 'rulesonpost_enable'),

Here is the complete entry as per the parse:
1990           // Mod authors, add any settings UNDER this line. Include a comma at the end of the line and don't remove this statement!!
1992       );
1994         array('check', 'rulesonpost_enable'),
1995         array('large_text', 'rulesonpost_message', '20'),
1996         array('int','rulesonpost_posts'),
1998       if ($return_config)
1999        return $config_vars;

I am guessing that even though it parsed for 2.0 RC3, it must not be fully compatible.

I also noticed that people are asking for different words.
I thought that this would allow a different saying on each board, but I guess that cannot be true because it is changing the Source file.

Cloud
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

MrCreatoR

Nice mod.

Russian translation:

<
file name="$themedir/languages/Modifications.russian-utf8.php" error="skip">

<
operation>

<
search position="end" />

<
add><![CDATA[
$txt['rulesonpost_enable']='Показывать правила форума при отправке сообщении';
$txt['rulesonpost_message']='Отображаемое участнику содержимое правил над заголовком создаваемого сообщения';
$txt['rulesonpost_posts']='Показывать участникам с количеством сообщении меньше чем "x"';
]]></
add>

</
operation>

</
file>

MrCreatoR

Bugo
Oh i didn't see that, sorry.
Then why after 6 month the translation still not added to the mod?

Bugo

Maybe he doesn't know how to do this?..

MrCreatoR

Bugo [?]
QuoteMaybe he doesn't know how to do this?..
How to do what, add the languages?

just add before </modification> in «languages.xml» the lines from my first post in this thread, and save the file with utf8 encoding, thats it :)

but i am sure that author of this mod knows how to do that ;)

luuuciano

maybe he do not have time to do the "split" thing... because the utf-8 encoding
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

MrCreatoR

Quote from: luuuciano on July 14, 2010, 02:22:10 PM
There is no "split" stuff involved, just addition to another file, but in utf-8 encoding.

Bugo

Quote from: luuuciano on July 14, 2010, 02:22:10 PM
Of course, this operation requires six months ... :)

luuuciano

ok... maybe he died....
my condolences :(

MrCreatoR

Quote from: luuuciano on July 14, 2010, 05:37:06 PM
ok... maybe he died....
my condolences :(

Nope:
QuoteLast Active:                                      Today at 04:04:19 PM

luuuciano

4Kstore

I have no time, I'm not dead ...
When I have time I add languages, thanks for the collaboration.

¡¡NEW MOD: Sparkles User Names!!!

lean

New features!
Compatible with smf 2.0
You can use html and bbcode (new feature in V1)
Can use your custom css code (new feature in V1)

MrCreatoR

lean

$txt['rulesonpost_enable']='Enable Rules on Post';
$txt['rulesonpost_message']='Message to be displayed to members in post area. <br />Can use Html or BBcode';
$txt['rulesonpost_posts']='Show it to user whit less "x" posts';
$txt['rulesonpost_css']='You can use customized CSS for this block.';

Let me and Ill add translations, because they add a new variable.

MrCreatoR

Quote$txt['rulesonpost_enable']='Показывать правила форума при отправке сообщения';
$txt['rulesonpost_message']='Отображаемое участнику содержимое правил над заголовком создаваемого сообщения.<br />Поддерживается Html и BBCode';
$txt['rulesonpost_posts']='Показывать участникам с количеством сообщении меньше чем "x"';
$txt['rulesonpost_css']='Вы можете изменить CSS для этого блока.'
should be added for the Modifications.russian.php and for Modifications.russian-utf8.php.

Advertisement: