News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Ad Revenue Sharing Mod

Started by mghq, April 25, 2009, 07:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mghq

Link to Mod

AD REVENUE SHARING MOD 1.5
By mghq

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link to Mod | Support Topic | Donate
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Compatibility
For SMF 1.1.X (1.1.2 through 1.1.10 )
It will not work for ANY earlier versions.
Working on SMF 2.0

Introduction
Adds the ability for your members to add their own ads to your forum and be able to make their money on your forum which will attract many visitors. There is also permissions and admin settings that allow you to set the percentage of how much the ads will show for each membergroup. This way it will keep people from registering, posting once or no times and then leaving their ad.

This is a very advanced new feature! See for yourself!

Features
o List coming soon!
- Taken over by mghq(awaiting approval from brianjw as he no longer supports the older version ).

Installation
Any previous versions of this mod MUST be uninstalled BEFORE installing this version UNLESS we have an upgrade package [we currently don't].

Simply install the package to install on the SMF Default Core Theme ONLY.
Manual edits will be required for ALL themes (other than SMF Default Core Theme). Instructions are coming very soon!

If your website has a different language then english, you will have to manually edit the ManageArs.english.php and translate it to your language and then save "as" as ManageArs.{language}.php

Donate
Has this modification helped you? Support the developer by Donating on the donation tab.

Support
You may pm mghq or use the topic for help

Changelog
o Fixed install completely. It will now work properly on any forum.

o Fixed it to install versions 1.1.2 - 1.1.8
o Fixed an error when installing it
o Fixed a problem with the edit for index.template.php
Supported by mghq
No longer supported by brianjw
o I am looking for someone to take over this mod.
o You must have knowledge of some php and html.
o Download is still available
o XHTML Errors have been fixed.
o Taken over by brianjw.
o Previous versions of this mod are no longer supported. To get support please update to the latest version!
o Fixes adsense channel not saving
1.1 - FIXES
o Alters Text-Link-Ads referrals links (since they've changed them)
o Allows Adesnse id's starting ca-pub aswell as pub-

If you like this mod please donate.

mghq

One custom edit I believe yall currently might have to make is under Themes>Default>index.template.php .

Search for: </head>
<body>';

Add this before it:
if ($modSettings["ars_enabled"]) {
$context['arsadscount'] = 0;
showArsAds("top");
showArsMessage("top");
}

Search For:function template_main_below()
{
global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $txt;

echo '
</div>';

Replace withfunction template_main_below()
{
global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $txt, $modSettings;

echo '</div>';

if ($modSettings['ars_enabled']) {
if ($modSettings['ars_adsetup_right_enabled']) {
echo '</td><td valign="top">';
showArsAds("right");
}
if (($modSettings['ars_adsetup_left_enabled']) || ($modSettings['ars_adsetup_right_enabled'])) {
echo '</td></tr></table>';
}
showArsAds("bottom");

logImpressions();
}

Search for:echo '
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>';

Add after:
if (($modSettings['ars_enabled']) && ($modSettings['ars_adsetup_welcome_enabled'])) {
echo '</td>
<td class="windowbg2">';
showArsAds("welcome");
showArsMessage("top");
}

Search for:
template_menu();

Add before:

if ($modSettings['ars_enabled']) {

showArsAds("links");

if (($modSettings['ars_adsetup_left_enabled']) || ($modSettings['ars_adsetup_right_enabled'])) {
echo '<table cellspacing="3" cellpadding="0" width="100%"><tr><td valign="top">';
}
if ($modSettings['ars_adsetup_left_enabled']) {
showArsAds("left");
echo '</td><td valign="top">';
}
}

These edits are required for this mod to work. The rest of it can be dealt with the package installer.

MaXiForum.cz

daveaite

Sounds like a good idea! Any chance we can go 2.0?
The BuyPoe Network!

http://vbsocial.com: Forum Styles for vBulletin and SMF

mghq

mghq

Here is a screenie of the advertisements in different areas.

heavyccasey

Here's a suggestion. Under the link tree works very well for me.

mghq

Quote from: heavyccasey on April 26, 2009, 05:56:34 PM
Here's a suggestion. Under the link tree works very well for me.
K might ad that section in a future release of this mod? Have you tested this mod?

Goodman854

Can you make it work with Adbrite? PLEASE! Because the other Ad programs don't work on my site.

mghq

Why do they not work? adsense all you need is the pub number.

Goodman854

I don't have Adsense account. I have an adbrite.com account. Adbrite works best for me there really good!

alex30

I like this idea, this mod will be one of those popular ones.

Well done!

gsawiris

I installed it on my hxxp:science-query.com/free_forum/ [nonactive] using default skin but I don't see where you access it.

ellion

so good that someone is carrying on this mod.

are there any bugs with this mod as i have it installed on one forum but ads are not showing where i selected them?

mghq

Quote from: gsawiris on April 27, 2009, 05:31:17 AM
I installed it on my free forum using default skin but I don't see where you access it.
Some likely reasons for this are 1)that you have not enabled the ad spots in the Admin Panel. 2) You have not made the edits i stated above, 3) You are the only person with the ads. It will more than likely be reason 1 or 2.

Quote from: ellion on April 27, 2009, 08:03:04 AM
so good that someone is carrying on this mod.

are there any bugs with this mod as i have it installed on one forum but ads are not showing where i selected them?
Yes. Thank you.  As I stated before you will have to make some small edits to index.template.php. She above.
Quote from: alex30 on April 27, 2009, 12:33:29 AM
I like this idea, this mod will be one of those popular ones.

Well done!
Thank you

mghq

Note: If you do not make the changes to index.template.php the only ad area that will display is Below Boards/Topic/Post Tables. Also you will NEVER be shown your own ads.

gsawiris

I thought you did not need to do the mods using the default skin. I don't see any ad spots option in the admin panel. thanks.

mghq

Quote from: gsawiris on April 27, 2009, 07:28:13 PM
I thought you did not need to do the mods using the default skin. I don't see any ad spots option in the admin panel. thanks.
You do for this one for one reason. It is because it will not execute properly when installing. And the button will say "Ad Revenue Sharing" under configuration, under the Themes link

Trust me it works. See here http://gaminghubs.com/test4mod/

damnitmike

I started to install this, but there was a warning in the description....Something like, if you use another ad management  (jerms), you shouldn't use this.....

I am wondering what the conflict is, or might be with the 2 installed on the same forum?

Thanks!

mghq

Quote from: damnitmike on April 27, 2009, 07:40:17 PM
I started to install this, but there was a warning in the description....Something like, if you use another ad management  (jerms), you shouldn't use this.....

I am wondering what the conflict is, or might be with the 2 installed on the same forum?

Thanks!
It is just saying if you have that ad management mod installed the two might conflict. If you do not use that mod just disregard that

Advertisement: