LF a threaded style message index page that shows replies to the orignal topic

Started by chemchris, April 27, 2009, 04:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chemchris

I have SMF installed all throughout my 8000 page site, so I really dont want to change to another forum. 
You can see here each article on the site has a forum page, where logged in users can start forum discussions pertaining to the topic page they are on:  hxxp:www.healthocrates.com/anemia/forums?board=74 [nonactive]

What I need to do, is under each topic have some kind of threaded/christmas tree (sorry, I am not familiar with the terminology) view where you can see the x number of responses to the original topic.

I am not certain at this point whether I want to show the entire post response, or maybe just the first 100 characters but I can tweak that later.

I would like the response to be indented  so that it is obvious its a reply to the topic above and not a new post.  I read for the documentation and looked through the mods and I couldnt find anything.  Again- maybe thats because I dont know or am not using the correct terminology.  Can anyone point me in the right directions?  Thanks.......

karlbenson

SMF doesn't currently support threaded mode.

We can move this to mod requests or to coding forums if you would like.
It won't be simple template change, it will likely require query changes.

chemchris

sorry to post in the wrong spot, thanks for the quick reply.  I assume you dont know of any mods that do this or you would have mentioned them I guess.  If you would move this to the correct forum for me that would be great.

Advertisement: