News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Achievement System

Started by MIAUS, April 29, 2009, 07:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MIAUS

Hi,

would it be possible to integrate an Achievement System into SMF? Similar to Xbox360, Steam or WoW?
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=475 does something similar, but it would be great if this could be automated somehow.

Possible new options could be:

• Award achievement depending on post count in a certain board
  • Award achievement depending on number of profile fields filled
  • Award achievement depending on position in stats (e.g. in top 10 poster list or longest online)
  • Award achievement on signature created
  • Award achievement on first (x) post(s) quoted
  • Award achievement on (x) topic(s) created
  • Award achievement on (x) sticky topics
  • Award achievement on creating (x) "hot" themes
  • Award achievement for x days without posting
  • Award achievement for average posts per day of x
  • Award achievement for theme changed (x) times
  • Award achievement for using search  O:)

Any of these options should be pickable more than once, so there could be an achievement for 1 topic created called "Newbie courage" and for 100 topics created, called "Pillar of community" or something like that. This could be done by adding a max number of achievements (e.g. 30 or 60).

Of course someone with "Pillar of community" will always also have "Newbie courage". Different difficulties of Achievements should be marked by Achievement scores and add up to a max possible score. And of course there should be a stats screen for the achievements.

Maybe, if you think this feature would bloat smf too much, someone would like to put this into a mod?

Best regards,

Dani

thecoo1est

I am bumping this because I would love to see this also, i made a thread but this one explains it much better  ;D

Kindred

this, most definitely belongs in the MOD category...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Norv

Quote from: MIAUS on April 29, 2009, 07:29:12 PM

• Award achievement for using search  O:)

Heh, I can think of some of our support teamies and helpers who would award a nice achievement on that. :D

Just kidding, btw.
As noted in this topic, this is cool for some types of forums and not suited as feature of SMF. I think I'd better move it to Mod requests, so that interested modders could get some ideas from it.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

thecoo1est

Just bumping what would be a awesome mod :D

Mister X

That too would be an awesome mod to see in action :).

techbot

I've gotta say, I've been looking for a mod just like this. I'm trying to integrate with various gaming sites and I'd love achievements for members reaching certain levels in their games
Any help is appreciated. Scornful comments will be met with a blank stare

vbgamer45

I have a badge awards system which people get awards for actions/participation
You can also extend if you know how to code with your own custom badges as well.
More info at http://www.smfhacks.com/badgeawards.php
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Advertisement: